1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help how to order specific match type keywords

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by verysoggy, May 10, 2006.

Hi,

I am having a hard time in figuriong out how to place an order of a list of different keywords in various match type. All I got is Broad matching. Can somebody tell me where I can adjust and order match type specifically. Example... "reliable tool for him" EXACT but I got BROAD keywords...

Many thanks

verysoggy, May 10, 2006 IP
  2. Labcoat88

Labcoat88 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a drop-down that lets you display match types for the Manage Keywords page: Match Options -> Show Match Types. Try doing that, and then you'll have checkboxes to choose any of the 3 match types.

FYI I tried to take a screenshot to post here for explanation, but AdCenter is still so flaky (buggy), so it kept giving me an error message before I got to the page I wanted. Sorry!

LC

Labcoat88, May 10, 2006 IP
  3. verysoggy

verysoggy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Labcoat88

verysoggy, May 10, 2006 IP
  4. jwags

jwags Peon

Best Answers:
    The bad part is you have to manualy click every keyword to add the phrase and exact match. They used to have an "apply to all" type button but I can't find it anymore. It gets annoying having to click each keyword twice. Ughh.

jwags, May 13, 2006 IP
  5. Labcoat88

Labcoat88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree. And it would be nice if there was some type of order "default" or template that you could create for new campaigns/orders. I'd like to use the same base bids, pre-select Conversion Tracking, etc., for all campaigns.... but as of now I have to enter the info each time.

LC

Labcoat88, May 13, 2006 IP
  6. Entrep

Entrep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty bad IMO - having to go through and tick boxes for hundreds of keywords! What a joke

Entrep, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  7. MadCenter

MadCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    Beleive it or not, there is an easier way. I had the same issue, but luckily I was able to solve it by following these steps that I received from a very helpful support rep:

1) Click on your campaign
    2) click on your order
    3) click on your keyword performance tab (if not on already)
    4) click on the drop down menu on the left and select "Import or export keywords"
    5) click on the link that says "Export to .CSV file"
    6) save
    7) open the file again
    8) This is where you enter your match options. To do so, enter the bid amounts you wish to spend in the appropriate columns in this format "0.05" without the quotation marks
    9) save the file
    10) close the file
    11) go back to adCenter
    12) click on browse
    13) find the .CSV file
    14) click on import
    15) done. Match types loaded nice and easy in template form

MadCenter, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  8. Nancy

Nancy Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to check 3 times for each keyword. Download the template, include the keywords and the biddings for the keywords in broad, exact and broad and import/upload the template. Simple. And it works.

Nancy, Sep 7, 2006 IP