1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help - how to create a mailing list?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by branduin, Mar 24, 2005.

This is probably pretty simple for most of you but I have never done it! If you can offer any instructions or point me in the right direction that would be a great help!

I need to know how to make a mailing list for a friend's website that I am working on. They want the signup field "Enter your e-mail to sign up for our newsletter" and then to be able to send out a PDF every month. I have MySQL available if a database is needed. I just don't even really know how to begin!

Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Branduin

branduin, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  2. redking

redking Member

Best Answers:
    You will need to store the email addresses of people into the database. A mailing list isn't too complex, but it still requires alot of programming. Have you checked out any mailing list scripts to use instead?

redking, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  3. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Most hosting companies have a mailing list software already included with their hosting package. Look at the server administrator (cPanel or Plesk or ...) documentation they sent you.

Not sure if you can send attachments like pdf...
    There are commercial implimentations that have the capability

If you want free try sourceforge.org and hotscripts.com

sadcox66, Mar 29, 2005 IP