1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help, How Does A Health Book Vendor Get Affiliates?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by NewBeing, Jan 11, 2007.

I am new to ClickBank. I have created an eBook called ‘How To Cure Your Ailments Naturally’ and have put it on ClickBank as a vendor.

There seems to be a lot of competition on there for health eBooks.

How do I get affiliates to promote my eBook?

I have put a 75% commission rate on the eBook. I read somewhere that, that was a good start.

Are there any other tricks or tips to get an affiliate interested?

PS. You can check out my pitch page here
    http://www.newbeingnutrition.com/cure.htm

NewBeing, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  2. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think that because the Health field is so huge, you have to micro-specialize. Change it to "How to Cure [insert some very specific ailment] Naturally" and you've created yourself a niche.

Look at it from the keyword perspective. If you search for G for your keywords, you get 422,000 results. Even if you replace "ailments" with "epilepsy" (itself a huge topic), you cut that number in half. Replace "epilepsy" with an even more specific ailment and you get even narrower.

flip, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  3. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks flip

I understand your view point but I don't think it can apply to this eBook because it is a general A-Z look up type ebook where many different health conditions are discussed.

Only common theme throughout the eBook, is that it looks at helping these conditions through the use of nutrition.

I do have plans on producing more detailed ebooks on specific health conditions but that won't be until later in the year.

Cheers

NewBeing, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  4. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to do things like this -- post in message boards where you might pick up some affiliates.

I'm an affiliate and not a vendor, so I don't know all of the vendor tricks to find affiliates.

Many affiliates stay away from brand new products that have very low gravities. That may be hurting you (not sure, haven't looked at your stats). You might seek out an affiliate in your niche who has a big mailing list and seek a JV partnership with them. This can get the word out about your book and allow you to reach a lot of people.

mike42, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  5. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good advice mike42.

I think you are right, the low gravitie may be a problem.

Cheers

NewBeing, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  6. Kelvin

Kelvin Peon

Best Answers:
    You won't get any affiliates finding you in ClickBank until the affiliate sales start to come in and you begin jumping up the rankings.

As this happens more affiliates see your product and more jump on the "band wagon" so to speak.

What you therefore need to do to get the ball rolling is "recruit" affiliates yourself.

The best way to do this is go to Google.com and search for some of your main target keywords. You'll be presented with a list of sites that are currently successful in that marketplace and as such already have access to a lot of people who may be interested in buying your ebook.

Then pitch your book to these sites as offering value for their visitors and explaining that you have an affiliate program which pays 75% commission and that they can earn X amount per sale for simply recommending your ebook to their visitors.

You only need a few decent sites in your niche to get on board and everything should start to steadily snowball from there.

Best of luck.

Kelvin, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  7. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Cheers Kelvin

I'm heading to Google right now.

NewBeing, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  8. Webray

Webray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing that you could do is create a brandable sampler. Something that affiliates could brand with their NICK and distribute to their users.

Webray, Jan 21, 2007 IP