1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help - how do I fix my monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mybluehair, Oct 25, 2008.

my flat screen monitor that I have owned for a year and a half is starting to act weird. when I bring my computer out of screensaver mode, my monitor goes black, and I here a faint very high pitched noise, then it flickers a different shade of black, and starts over again with the high pitched noise.
    It sounds like the bulbs are trying to flicker back on, but can't.

What do i do? thanks in advance

mybluehair, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  2. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any magnets near it. Magnets usually interfere with the workings of moniters. But I cant explain the noise its making.

!Unreal, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  3. chickmagnetstuff

chickmagnetstuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there's a problem with your video card,when there is a problem in your video card either if its loose or damage it will produce the sound your describing, try replugging your video card properly i think it's just loose, , try replugging it properly, i think that will solve your problem, if not try plugging other video card if you have a spare. if it still won't work you'll need to let computer tech check it.

chickmagnetstuff, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  4. Ishran.safin

Ishran.safin Member

Best Answers:
    I feel unhappy bec your mointor do not work. You can change your cable. Some time causes of the cable monotor can be disturb. Do'nt worry it will perform again.

Ishran.safin, Oct 25, 2008 IP