1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help getting my 100% height layout to work

Discussion in 'CSS' started by devnl, Feb 22, 2009.

1. devnl

devnl Guest

Best Answers:
    Call me stupid, but I do not see how that would work. I would very much appreciate an example. It's pretty important that this solution works on IE6 too, so if I were to make an image with only the shadow I would like to use PNG (which isn't supported by IE6), because GIF is really bad when it comes to this in my opinion.

devnl, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  2. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    I might put together a quick example for you during weekend but don't take it for granted, I'm pretty busy atm.

risoknop, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  3. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you could just set the shadow as the background repeat-y for a wrap DIV
    If IE6 users don't get the same look thats their fault, I guess you could add a png fix anyways.

Or you could add the shadow for the gradient as a background for the header and make the header height total the gradient height, and then use a negative top margin for the rest of the layout to push it back up, so it doesn't matter if the gradient is longer than the header Then you would just have the shadow for the main background colour as the background of the wrap.

wd_2k6, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  4. devnl

devnl Guest

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by adding a PNG fix?

devnl, Feb 28, 2009 IP