1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NEED HELP from PHP Programmers

Discussion in 'PHP' started by nkellerm85, Apr 4, 2012.

Please help me. I just came across to this thread though I don't have excellent background on PHP.

I happened to tweak a couple of words from this line 462 on functions.php in Twenty Ten theme on WP.

I replaced time and author with /* and */ in an attempt to remove date and author from every post. Then when I update an error came.
    Then I change it back to it it's original context of /time and author. But I still get an error.

Parse error
    : syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/chinky/public_html/xxx.com/wp-content/themes/twentyten/functions.php on line 462

462 line --> * Prints HTML with meta information for the current post—date/time and author. (what's wrong with this line??? This is the original one. But still an error!)

Please please please help me to solve this issue. =(

Thanks

nkellerm85, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  2. geforce

geforce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you post the source code from say line 450 to line 470?

geforce, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  3. Basti

Basti Active Member

Best Answers:
    The error tells you exactly what is wrong. There is a . (dot) which should not be there, hence causing an error.
    Like geforce said, exact code is needed to provide more help than this

Basti, Apr 11, 2012 IP