1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help from marketers!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Inna Pro, Feb 3, 2020.

I work for stock photography studio. To make more useful content would like to hear some feedback on what you buy at micro stock agencies, what problems do u face while choosing photos. If u r ready to help, let me know! Thanx a lot!

Inna Pro, Feb 3, 2020 IP
  2. statusredox

statusredox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I buy some basic photos like backgrounds.

statusredox, Feb 3, 2020 IP
  3. Inna Pro

Inna Pro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for replying! Any problems? Like huge amount of photos u have to look through to buy the one u need or it looks good but absolutely impossible to use like background for text, or everything is just ok ))

Inna Pro, Feb 3, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In my last role (not the current one), my marketing staff and I bought tons of stock photo's. Here's the problem with your question: any such purchase was the result of a marketing campaign or promotion that we were about to begin. The photo's that we would need for such efforts were entirely based on the unique creative for the campaign or promotion. So, what I needed one time had zero relevance to what I needed the next. As a consequence, any input you would get from me would basically be looking in the rearview mirror at what I needed back then and likely will have little relevance to what I need in the future.

Your best bet would be to go to the big photo stock sites and see what they list as most popular (what they feature or promote) and see if perhaps you could add depth or unique creativity to one of those categories.

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I will add that it is ALWAYS a problem to find the specific photo that we need to convey the concept we are trying to get across. It typically involves scanning WAY TOO MANY photo's to find the right one. If we could put in very specific search criteria that covered all aspects of the photo, it would be quite valuable.

jrbiz, Feb 10, 2020 IP
    cronik likes this.
  6. Johny Wallstreet

Johny Wallstreet Peon

Best Answers:
    me too, nice backgrounds inspire me so much to be creative

Johny Wallstreet, Feb 11, 2020 IP
  7. Inna Pro

Inna Pro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much!

Inna Pro, Feb 17, 2020 IP
  8. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use shutterstock, and we more or less get elements or any backgrounds from there.

LadyStarc, Feb 19, 2020 IP
  9. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like photos that revolve around particular keyword terms. If an image can capture the essence of a keyword term in a photo, that's usually the photo that i buy.

Randall Magwood, Mar 1, 2020 IP