1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help for Digg,squidoo etc...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by punishatlehry, Jun 7, 2010.

hi can anyone plz tell me how can i use digg, squiddo, stumbleupon for promoting the sites...is it helpful for sites...but i dont knw how can i use it....plz tell me i need help plz tel me...how can i sunmit an article on digg,squidoo,stumble upon...

Thnx For Advance...

punishatlehry, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just follow the directions which say "submit" on the site or "add link" or something of that sort. basically you create an account on each service, and then click the "submit/add link" button and fill out the info they require. its very simple and it can be very helpful if you know what you are doing. but from the sounds of it, what you will get out of the site is just google indexing your article quicker, which isn't a bad thing, but i doubt it will drive traffic to it as much as you would think. theres a whole science behind getting the most out of those bookmarking services, which involve submitting the right articles, getting the right friends to bump your posts up, knowing how much of a quota your servers can push and won't offline your site for exceeding your bandwidth.

kidsko, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just go to Digg and submit your articles. You can use services like Microworkers to increase the number of votes for a small fee.

nihangshah, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  4. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always best to use social media sites in the most natural way possible. Write some interesting content ( same or similar topic as your site) and submit unique content to each of the sites you mentioned. Make sure to include photos, video and eye-catching titles. The goal is to develop a following or fanship. If you attract fans they will most likely want to learn more about your product or service and will gravitate to your main site.

1SEONewby, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  5. freshware

freshware Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Friend,

Yes , when you will log in digg then you can add other friends and then you can vote their stories and then you can get good traffic.

freshware, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. rupeshets

rupeshets Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all sign up Digg, squidoo, after that submit your story.

rupeshets, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  7. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that Digg is now nofollow unless you achieve a certain score/position; however it may be good for traffic.

For squidoo or hubpages, write something that is related to your website but is not just an advert. Make it helpful to others. For example, as a web designer, I wrote a couple of lenses about how to design websites and then used my own websites as examples with links to those sites.

jj1, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  8. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    These sites are called Social Bookmarking sites. You can bookmark or post your urls in the site and allow people to check that out. These are high PR sites that can definitely increase your SERP as well as "can help" driving traffic to your site.

iTube, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  9. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg is actually pretty easy. You simply need to spend time Digging others submissions and add friends etc. Over time, spending about 5 minutes a day (at most) I've been able to go from 0 other Digg's per submission, to at least 5 even when it's an entirely uninteresting wine article on a deep part of my site. It doesn't sound like much, but I think over time I'll see bigger and bigger returns, especially if I can come up some better content.

MarkAse, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  10. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, first off digg and stumbleupon are two different types of websites. One is referred to as social bookmarking which allows a link/website to be submitted and voted upon, whereas the other is more of a hubpage. People commonly use bookmarking to get deeplinks, while they build linkwheels to hubpages, linking to the main effort.

FlightCenter, Jun 24, 2010 IP