1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need help estimate SEO service budget

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vorapolpanya, May 3, 2006.

Hello all
    I will launch a new website and try to set up a PPC & SEO budget.

currently,i'm trying to set a budget on SEO services. I am running out of idea how much SEO service would be.

can anyone please give me a comment from your experience? how much does it cost?

how much havey you paid for such a service ? this service is for a new registered domain.

my aim is to get a 1st page ranking on google for a fairly competitive term , ( top to results from 4 millions )

the theme is software.

Please advise

john

vorapolpanya, May 3, 2006 IP
  2. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    John,

I suggest you issue a brief. The cost of SEO can vary from a few £00s to £000s. It depends on what's required. Progress in a competitive sector would be more costly.

dburdon, May 3, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    To get page 1 of google for a competitive term is likely to take over a year and cost $10,000.

With seo you get what you pay for. If the rewards are high for your search term then you can expect it to cost a lot to get to the first page.

If you post your url and target keywords then I can give a better idea. :)

mad4, May 3, 2006 IP
  4. chandubhai

chandubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    depends on the keywords and search engines you want to target.

chandubhai, May 3, 2006 IP
  5. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    to emphasize what i mentioned.

i would need a 1st page ranking on google from a competitive keyword "top 10 from out of 4 millions"

is it possible to estimate the cost monthly?

john

vorapolpanya, May 3, 2006 IP
  6. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would probably charge around $1000 per month but would need at least a 6-12 month commitment.

Its hard to say without seeing your site though. Unless your site is good then its going to be impossible to get a page 1 ranking without totally redoing the site, creating lots of linkbait and good unique content. This will cost substantially more.

Also be wary if anybody guarantees the ranking - this is impossible to do for a competitive keyword.:)

mad4, May 3, 2006 IP
  7. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not really without looking at the terms you want to target. It's impossible to be accurate with just the number of results returned as a figure, you also have to look at the sites in the top 10 themselves.

If the term is competitive then anyone that tells you it's going to easy and cheap is telling lies!

MattUK, May 3, 2006 IP
  8. bluesync

bluesync Peon

Best Answers:
    There's more to what you give us to estimate SEO costs.

I would just SEO myself, not that hard, plus it's better long term, you don't want to keep paying someone when you can do it yourself.

bluesync, May 4, 2006 IP
  9. sracicot

sracicot Peon

Best Answers:
    As a person who optimizes websites, I would say that most business owners have trouble with determining what to budget, or even if they should optimize, for SEO.

For any business, SEO is just an extension of traditional Marketing. It is a means of advertising. And as with advertising, there is wide range of services that are available.

I suggest you simply contact a few companies and look to see what they have to offer and let them consult and guide you as to what would be best for your business/service/product.

You can contact me if you like, I am sure I can help you.

Steve

sracicot, May 4, 2006 IP
  10. jnm007a

jnm007a Peon

Best Answers:
    $10,000 does sound about right for a 1st page ranking in google for a competitive keyword if you're outsourcing all of the SEO work. Most of that amount would be spent on acquiring good links. Be wary of the guy in the nice suit trying to sell you SEO and promising you the world. There are companies that won't even do link building for you and charge you an astronomical fee. I remember the first quote I received for SEO about 4-5 years ago. The man in the nice suit offered a one year deal for 50k with a money back gaurantee. Momma didn't raise no fool!

jnm007a, May 4, 2006 IP
  11. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Remember that anyone that promises you a #1 spot is probably a scammer! Ask for good references from anyone that you consider.

MattUK, May 5, 2006 IP
  12. Dactyl

Dactyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As said by others, it would be hard to give an accurate figure without checking your website and knowing what that keyword is, however it wouldbt be less than $1000/month and it would take at least 6 months if not a year, as said by others, be carefull from anyone guaranteeing results.
    There are lots of scammers in the SEO field, on the other hand there are lots of well known and ethical SEO's, look around and research anyone extremely well.

Dactyl, May 5, 2006 IP
  13. naorem

naorem Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd suggest a long-term approach, by getting to know the nuances of the trade like link building, quality content, keywords etc. etc. and yeah by regularly checking into the forum to enlighten ourselves. A #1 spot in google in a very competitive keword is one big deal. anyone who smoothtalks you into a sure-shot deal is either lying thru his teeths or one hell of an seo wizard

naorem, May 5, 2006 IP
  14. bujes

bujes Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the cheapest way is AdWords.

bujes, May 5, 2006 IP
  15. funlounge

funlounge Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll need the full details to give you an exact estimate,
    but starting 500$ / month we could get some good results after 3-4 months.

(definitely PR4 after the first update)

funlounge, May 5, 2006 IP
  16. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords produces traffic in the short-term but in the long term is more expensive and produces less traffic than the natural SERPS

MattUK, May 5, 2006 IP
  17. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    I'd probably like to know what your website is about,
    Is it a Corporate central ?? an Online store ?? a social networking startup or something along the lines.
    Also, what is it ?? A static site or a dynamic site ??
    Whats the scripting language ??
    Most of all name that competitive keyword.
    Also, where do you lie at the moment among those 40 millions,
    Answer all those questions and then I can issue you with a customised quote and the First Hand report of the current status of the site and what we will be doing for pulling it to the top 10,
    The rates from what I can say, can be anywhere near 750-1000USD/pm
    and the commitment as mentioned by Mad4 can be near a year.
    Please elaborate your information, and we sure can help you.
    Abhishek

-Abhishek-, May 5, 2006 IP
  18. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP stated the theme was "software". Pretty competitive IMO (depending on the niche of course).

mad4, May 7, 2006 IP
    livingearth likes this.
  19. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As stated above there are no guarantees. Anyone can get you 1st page results for an obscure term or phrase. For a competitve keyword... Well there are 4 million others wanting that same position. If you get there the top rank holders are going to quickly redouble their efforts and your position may be short lived. One thing is for sure. It will be an ongoing thing to try and stay there.

livingearth, May 7, 2006 IP
  20. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    why beat around the bush? You have asked a question along the lines of 'how long is this piece of string I have in my pocket?'
    If an SEO comapny can give you a price without looking at your site then they are not worth a tos IMO.

Each job is different, and each client is different. I have worked with clients who work alone and do not have time to spit, I have also worked with clients like Norwich union who have remendous resources. This can change the price beyond recognition.

You say 'software' but that is like saying 'computers' or 'pets', when what you might mean is ' blutoth mediacl equipment' or ' japanese akita Inu' . The FIRST thing that should be established is the EXACT nature or niche of your site. This can take the remit from a couple of hundred for a report on whhow to get top rankings (tailored step by step for your site) to tens of thousands for a TRULY competitive phrase.

To say 4 million is rubbish, how about this http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...cd=1&q=internet+marketing+consultancy&spell=1 I am top 5 in 105 million, but that means not6hing as the phrase is not that competitive really, a simple site focused pages and some decent in bound links (less than 10k)

Honestly, if you want to know a figure, then your going to have to speak to some people who do it.

Old Welsh Guy, May 7, 2006 IP