1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help: E-Commerce Solution

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by shanmugasundaram, Mar 17, 2014.

Hi,

I am looking to start an online store- please advise me the best possible option

Bigcommerce or Shopify?

If I go with this and in future can I move out of them and run the website with custom script?

Also can someone advise some good custom scripts available for E-commerce sites?

Thanks

shanmugasundaram, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  2. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to hosted webstore solutions, I do know that Bigcommerce is one of the most reputable. It's nice and easy to use, and you can make really good-looking webstores without having to be any kind of genius when it comes to web design, programming, or anything complicated like that.

Plus, Bigcommerce is about to release a new update to their stores that includes a lot of awesome new stuff -- responsive store design templates, a better back-end experience, and more.

We're partnered with them, so if you'd like any help getting set up with a Bigcommerce cart, just let me know.

And if you're looking to have your inventory on more than just one channel (say, if you want to be selling on eBay and Amazon AND your own webstore), then Solid Commerce can help you mange your inventory, orders, shipping, and everything else on multiple channels, in ONE simple interface.

You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM if you want a bit more information about how we can help you out with multi-channel selling. Cheers!

Solid Commerce, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  3. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Download the best free ecommerce shopping cart software to create your store. It is best advanced ecommerce software with more new features to create your store for physical as well as digital download products. http://zeuscart.com

swasa, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  4. mannpreet

mannpreet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    according to me Shopify is easy and best option. In future if you want to use custom script then you have to modify your website because Shopify and custom script have different platforms. Custom scripts that are available for E-commerce sites are Joomla and Magento.

mannpreet, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. c_root

c_root Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can move out from it and according to me Shopify is better then Big Commerce. Shopify has custom fields, easy navigation, manage inventory...

c_root, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  6. saurabh11

saurabh11 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    E-commerce is a best way of online shopping sites.

saurabh11, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  7. Tom_WebostingUK LTD

Tom_WebostingUK LTD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is best solution for E-commerce website. The features available with Magento are very much user friendly. Shopify is also recommended.

Tom_WebostingUK LTD, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  8. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends.. What type of shop? What growth do you expect? Etc.

If you are planning on doing something big, Magneto would be the way to go.

Medium shop, go with Presta

Small Shop, go with WooCommerce

Just selling a few items, just add some PayPal widgets or buttons...

winnerdomains, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  9. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will be a big problem to move your data from shopify or bigcommerce to your own script. Just export all the data feeds and import to the new custom script. It should n't be a big deal. There are e-commerce script available on affordable price for startups. Just try googling the best on suitable for your needs.

john.peter, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  10. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    3dcart is another hosted shopping cart application that I would say is worth taking a look at. They're quite similar to Bigcommerce and Shopify in terms of ease of use.

Solid Commerce, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  11. 123eCommerce

123eCommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting with free solution is a given approach. What is there to loose? You try some of them and if solution works for you, you have an answer what is the best for you.
    Start with Abantecart, opencart and if you need something more complex try magento or prestashop

You can install cart application on your computer to try:
    http://www.webuzo.com/apps/ecommerce/AbanteCart

If handling free cart is too much for you, only then consider paid solution

123eCommerce, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  12. mallaldubai

mallaldubai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We have launched new e-commerce website deals in electronics goods at best prices. My website has a wide range of electronic goods of almost all brands like Samsung, Sony, Apple and many more. Please check my website and do review it, so that we can make necessary changes and make it more fruitful to users. Visit us at Mall Al Dubai : https://mallaldubai.com

mallaldubai, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  13. SakHegde

SakHegde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress + WooCommerce is worth considering

SakHegde, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  14. ggmedia

ggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    NEITHER..they are both very expensive. go the free opensource route with either OPENCART or PRESTASHOP. trust me your wallet will love you and you will have an amazing site that is just as good, if not faster if you put it on a fast server.

ggmedia, May 13, 2014 IP
  15. AleksanderUchto

AleksanderUchto Peon

Best Answers:
    It's depends on size of your online store, features that you will need... Take a look at this article. You've got short comparison of eCommerce platforms.

http://divante.co/blog/open-source-e-commerce-platforms-19-platforms-test/

AleksanderUchto, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  16. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    You’ve only got to look at Magento’s client list to realise what an excellent piece of open-source software it is. Samsung, The North Face, Stussy and Nespresso all use it to power their online stores. It’s used by 30,000 merchants and is the world’s fastest growing ecommerce platform. You have to pay for the Enterprise Edition, which is packed full of extremely useful features, but the Community Edition, meant for developers only, is free to download and use.

Lipipaliwal, May 1, 2015 IP
  17. Eliah.S1970

Eliah.S1970 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does any one know of a good scrubbing tool to grab my images from my listings?

Eliah.S1970, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  18. George Arun

George Arun Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can try InoutScripts's Inout Shopping Cart, this script not expensive when compared with others scripts.
    If you want to do modifications in your script, it can be done easily either by your developer or InoutScripts.

Also, their multi vendor shopping cart is also a good option for you, if you have multiple sellers.

Try the demo, link : http://www.inoutscripts.com/demo/inout-shopping-cart/demo/?index1

George Arun, Jul 22, 2015 IP