1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help Doing The Right Thing

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Toon-c, Jun 3, 2017.

Hi,

So I'm not a domainer, but because of the nature of my job (online marketing) I acquire from time to time domain names for my personal use, and sometimes if I don't need them I sell them ...

So I got a domain recently, bought in auction for around $2k ...
    And because of a current project, I quickly discovered that I don't have the time or the interest to develop it ... So I wanted to sell it ...

Withought doing any research, I submitted it on Brandbucket (since I have 3 other domains listed there), and it got accepted for a listing price of $9.5k ... It's now in the processing phase ..

So earlier I was bored and I looked up the name ... And it turns out that maybe (just maybe) some big company will want to get that name ... (on crunchbase, it looks like they had 6 rounds of fund raising for a total of 92 million euros) ...

The situation is a bit complicated, not as straightforward as it seems, so I would love someone who knows about selling domains to pm me so I can share more details, and maybe help me out here ...

Thank you !

Toon-c, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd take the profit that is on offer. So the buyer may be able to flip it and get more. You dont have time to go chasing the company and if they actually wanted they'd have bought it when you did.

sarahk, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  3. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    E-mailing them (the company) without mentioning any numbers might be a wise move. Otherwise (if they do not respond and/or numbers aren't interesting), go with whatever you can get ATM.

Blank ™, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  4. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hire professional domain broker

hiuufji, Jun 3, 2017 IP