1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help - Addon Domain Showing Blank Page

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by blog4fun, Jul 18, 2012.

Hi, I bought one old domain from godaddy and I point the domain to my server by adding my name server at godaddy domain management panel. Thereafter I add the domain through addon domain as I usually do at cpanel. Thereafter I upload some files through file manager. But when I open the domain URL it showing blank page. I am not able to identify the problem. Can anyone please help me. Thanks.

blog4fun, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  2. Hostwinds_Dan

Hostwinds_Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would you please PM me the domain or let us know here if you don't mind. You could go to http://intodns.com/ and check if the nameservers are set correctly.

Hostwinds_Dan, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  3. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

If you are using shared hosting, then I would check with your host, and have them take a look at the issue. Do you know that you have a proper index file in place?

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  4. Humza

Humza Peon

Best Answers:
    It's actually a time frame of 4-48 hours they say, but the change can even take place instantly. However, you should wait up to 48 hours, once that time has elapsed you should start worrying. Would you like to elaborate on blank page? If it's a blank page it most likely is connecting to the server, if it wasn't connecting to the server you would get a "server not found" or similar error. Another way to detect if it's connecting to your server is a simple ping, open CMD in Windows or terminal in Linux and Mac, and type "ping yourdomain.com", if the IP of your server comes up it's good, if not then you'll have to fiddle with your DNS.

Let us know if you've solved your problem. ;-)

Humza, Jul 21, 2012 IP