1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help about tax filing

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by cxy007, Feb 24, 2009.

It's tax time. When I use Turbotax.com and filling the 1099-MISC from amazon, if I choose I didn't provide service, turbotax says the number should be in box 3 "other income" instead of 7 "Nonemployee compensation". And ask me to contact amazon to correct it. If I choose I did provide service, I need to pay SS tax and mediacare, which is a lot more!

However, if I use taxact.com to file it. Everything is fine. No ss tax is needed for this incoming.

Questions: Can I do whatever taxact is doing? Just treat it as some extra incoming and just pay incoming tax. I do NOT want to deduct any "business" expense.

Thanks.

cxy007, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to pay SS tax and Medicare on the net income.

mjewel, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. cxy007

cxy007 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello. It's tax time again. What kind of business expense can I deduct for being an amazon associates? Hosting? Utilities? cell phone? buying computer? Advertising? Anything else? Thanks!

cxy007, Mar 4, 2014 IP