1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need guideline on shipping of tshirts

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by gyahoo, May 20, 2016.

Hi,

How do e-commerce sites like any tshirt store would ship a tshirt to different countries.

For example: A company in UK ships to India for £3. (even free if the order total is £20).

However, I checked the posting costs like £20 to ship to India from UK.
    Like how do these companies are shipping to such countries for cheap (where they don't even have warehouses)..

Any idea?
    i am opening a store with warehouse in UK and shipping is a big problem for me atm.
    Any sort of help is appreciated.

gyahoo, May 20, 2016 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why don't you contact logistic companies? They can better guide you.

eric_wahlberg, May 23, 2016 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anytime I have to instruct a client on this sort of thing I send them here. http://fulfillrite.com/

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 23, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I imagine they've negotiated bulk rates based on giving the courier company a certain amount of business. The penalties for not meeting that would be terrifying, I suspect.

sarahk, May 23, 2016 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  5. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are two things, first is that they either have negotiated a rate with a courier company and hence they get very low prices or this is something that one of my clients is doing currently. He gathers orders together and sends them on specific days. So he has a small shop and receives something like 5 orders a week. cost of sending 1 is equal to 10 because of the weight and size of bottles so he has 1 courier day every 7 working days which is almost week and a half, he gathers all together and the cost is broken to all.
    It is not exact science for him cause the order numbers change and he charges an average shipment price for the products.

You can also look for e-commerce solutions offered by big players such as DHL, special rates and etc if you meet specific order number or so, but remember the consequences as @sarahk said.

Mehdi.b, May 25, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.