1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Forum Help

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Maxman, Jan 26, 2006.

I had started this thread: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=49935 and received some great feedback.

Here is my current problem. I did all the suggestions that were given except installing php accelerator. I even had some tweak MYSQL (my.cnf) for me, running on Free-BSD.

My problem is that installing the accelerator is a little bit of a reach for me. My forum slows down constantly, I have a script to run a repair which helps. But the best case scenario is that my main index page takes 11 seconds to load. I think I applied one too many mods (have installed tons). Which is why I started thinking about switching to VBulletin, seems like a lot of that stuff is already built in.

Anyhow my question is, can anyone recommend a consultant that could look at my site and give recommendations. It is a free site, so I don't have the biggest budget in the world but I would like to talk to someone.

I need someone to:
    -Look at the MYSQL configuration
    -Recommend bb platform (stick with phpbb or switch to VBulletin)
    -Install phpbb accelerator if necessary

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Maxman, Jan 26, 2006 IP