1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Ebay.com traffic that converts?

Discussion in 'Traffic' started by coachtraffic, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilD

PhilD Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    drax and fivestar sorry to hear about you guys... that's really rough!

Regarding Domain Validation

I think the 'saving' grace for accounts created before July 20th may be the wording of the July 20th ePN ToS update which mentions that 'new' accounts MUST validate their domains, whereas existing accounts 'should' validate their domains.

Re Continuing with Coach

I was 'considering' the benefit of 'testing' other providers considering they were promising 3x return :), but always hesitated because I wasn't sure of the quality of traffic. I guess I should take your comments as a nudge back to 'stick with Coach' :)

So guys, are existing accounts exempted from the NEED for domain validation? Any more thoughts on this in general?

PhilD, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  2. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yep, that's the one i tested......I should have just stuck with coach

Fivestar, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  3. PhilD

PhilD Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Drax, Is it possible that the use of the trademarked term 'breitling' in your domain was the issue? Here's a quote from the ebay July 20 ToS update:

There is a lot of talk on the ebayforums & blogs about how any trademark needs to come AFTER the third slash.
    i.e. http://non-trademark-related-domain-name.tld/trademark

At least that's my understanding... and on first glance your site looks very well populated - its design and layout personally give me enough trust to buy from you... so this 'trademark IN the domain name' is the only issue that comes to mind.

Seems like ebay is getting scared of all these lawsuits from trademark holders (tiffany, mark cuban, etc.).

And based on the forums it seems even sub-domains are at risk. i.e.
    http://trademark.generic-domain.tld/ since the 'trademark' comes BEFORE the 3rd slash.

Here is the July 20 ePN ToS update: http://www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.c...r-network-policy-updates-effective-july-20th/

Here are the ePN forums discussing this:
    http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Eb...w-38-Updated/520136786?start=30&#msg522723012

Can any one else clarify? As well as shed some more light on what is (post-july 20) a GOOD domain and site for ePN purposes?

Thanks all! (and drax -- wish you all the success in your continuing IM ventures... really like to see you bounce back from this )

PhilD, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  4. drax2006

drax2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey guys

Thanks for coming back with some good responses. Fivestar sorry to hear about you being in the same boat as me. What really pi$$es me off is the lack of communication - well that and losing the money I'd built up of course. I still havent had a reason for the ban but I will persevere until I get one - I feel that EPN should give us the opportunity to right any mistakes before handing out the rough treatment.

My domain has been around for over a year now so I doubt that its domain validation issues although if it is i am happy to take the site down and move it to another domain if i get my account back.

I am still bewildered as to how i could have been banned to be honest, I havent done any 'Black hat' stuff - in fact i was careful to the point of paranoid with this account as I know how difficult EPN accounts are to get. My only conclusion is that its related to the Coach traffic in some way, but as you guys say I cant see why it should pose a problem.

So guys, buyer beware I say, I can only reiterate that I have had nothing but good service and great results from Coach over the past 6 months - thanks guys.

My only last worry is that since the ban came around the 20th (typical) i wont get paid for LAST MONTHS sales either which were due on the 25th - I assume I can wave hem goodbye as well. EPN might as well put on a mask and grab a shotgun if thats the case.

I am undaunted as I love IM but this is my biggest blow yet and will take me a long time to recover. Ah well.

drax2006, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  5. taraconway

taraconway Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I bought Coach Traffic beginning of June and was just paid from ebay. Great service but how has Coach been affected by the new TOS if at all????

taraconway, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  6. gooblogle

gooblogle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 32
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can this be safe on adsense?

gooblogle, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  7. drax2006

drax2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, just got paid for June so its not a major disaster but I doubt I'll get Julys payment and Ebay not answering my emails about my 'expired' account - not going to give up tho!!

Gooblogle - perfectly safe for adsense - all of my sites have it and no probs but i didnt see much additional income from the coach traffic.

drax2006, Jul 28, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.