1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need direction to build custom Google Calendar UI

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sleepmusic, Jan 31, 2016.

I work at a delivery company that currently use Google Calendar to manage routing. It has worked for us so far but it would be better if we could arrange the information in a way that is more useful to our drivers to see what they need at a glance.

I want to take it on myself to learn how to pull the information from our Google Calendar into a database and then construct a mobile site that reads the database and arranges the information how we would like to see it. The reason for doing a mobile site and not an app is because I want it accessible on any type of phone and it will probably be less work this way.

I made an image to help illustrate the idea: http://i.imgur.com/j6Uujf7.jpg

I am not looking for specific programming help (yet!). I used to manage small websites connected to databases but that was almost a decade ago and I just want to check what the best way to approach this problem would be today.

Yes I realize I might have a lot of studying to do to make it work but I would appreciate any list of steps that you can offer. Also I know it kind of looks like the current Google Calendar App update. My mock-up is inspired by it but the actual app doesn't quite work for us either.

sleepmusic, Jan 31, 2016 IP