1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need critical review....please....

Discussion in 'Websites' started by rhinoplayer, Sep 8, 2004.

1. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, many Harley sites are dark and do well but they are super professional. I Own a hog, so I am not biased against Harleys, far from it.

If you get a good designer to do the templating and the product sprints you will do well I am sure.

Max

PRBot.Com, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    RP, consider looking at templatemonster.com or coolhomepages.com for ideas or even a template you can use and/or modify for your site. Until it looks professional, almost no one is going take it seriously. It looks like something someone is making in their basement and hawking on the net.

It doesn't matter how good/cool/great your product is, it's how it looks that sells. You can have the best product in the world with the worst website and never sell a thing. If you have the absolute worst product, not worth a dime, but a super slick site that looks like you have a million dollar budget, people will buy in droves.

mopacfan, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree. There are TONES of free templates out there.

You know what I used to do when I was a nOOB at site design? I used to take 1 or more free templates and chop them up and create my own :D

In fact I used to do that for clients too :D

Max

4. rhinoplayer

rhinoplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    How did you know we made them in the basement?!? Thanks for the advice. I thought the site would hold up for a few months while I sold a couple and got a little momentum. The truth is, right now I can ride up and down the road and get more sales than I can on-line but I know the market potential is out there. I've done a little template 'chopping' in the past and I was just trying to hold out a little longer before doing the work (currently I'm on my 3rd business and my wife forgot my name :) but maybe I guess it's time.

PR - - I still consider myself an Objectivist in many respects, but as an all encompassing philosophy I found myself bending and forcing the issues to fit the philosophy when debating, it didn't flow naturally for me and I'm too much of an egoist to accept someone else. FYI - I used to work for Arthur Andersen and I was the one who submitted the idea to base our consulting division logo on the Atlas image! ~~ then the company had to go and get indicted!

Curious, what do you personally think of the product - poor marketing aside?!?

rhinoplayer, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  5. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the shield is an interesting idea but may cause visibility problems unde some conditions, especially foggy days etc.

Since I have never tried it I can't say. I would like to see some realisting shits taken from the rifer's view in different scenarios like we lit night time streets, from the rider's view as well as medium lit and in very darkened area. I want to see if there is any back-glare which might cause visibility issues especially for people wearing seeing glasses.

6. rhinoplayer

rhinoplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    The shield should not technically be used while the bike is being operated since it is illegal to have such attachments in many states which is why we supply a toggle switch (although many people wire them in directly). There is only a glare issue when it is raining or foggy, otherwise you can see very well since the light is only captured where the laser engraves the plastic. As a side note, a shield is legally only a wind deflector and not classified as a viewing portal as is a car shield.

Thanks

rhinoplayer, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  7. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the page needs to look more professional if you want people to buy something that big from your site. Just my honest suggestion.

nriweb, Sep 23, 2004 IP