1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Beauty, Female/Teen Issues Writers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by gsmile, Aug 9, 2007.

I'm looking for a couple of dedicated writers to write about beauty and/or teen issues targeted toward teens. This can be long-term or short-term, and will be part of a teen magazine.

PM if interested.

gsmile, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  2. chicque

chicque Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PMed you =D

chicque, Aug 9, 2007 IP
  3. gsmile

gsmile Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A side note: you will also be responsible for making sure that the images that come with your article are legal.

Chicque- Reviewing submition.

gsmile, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  4. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. I just sent you a pm:)

vabeaty, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  5. getitdone

getitdone Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just sent you a PM. :)

getitdone, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. jazzupjo

jazzupjo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i am very intested

jazzupjo, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  7. damyantig

damyantig Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would be interested, sending you a PM, let me know.
    Cheers,

damyantig, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  8. joanne_m27

joanne_m27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I Pmed you about the columnist position on the magazine. :)
    Waiting response now...

joanne_m27, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  9. jagger

jagger Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, I've Pmed you on several occasions. Yet somehow you never get back to me. Please PM me I'd be happy to work for you.

jagger, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  10. Mews2furry

Mews2furry Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    HI,
    I pmed you. Please get back to me. I'm a freelancer. Thanks.

Mews2furry, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  11. bruja33196

bruja33196 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello:

I am very interested in the freelace writing opportunity with your company. If possible, I would like to have more information in regards to this opportunity and what is needed from me to be considered. Please feel free to contact me at: info@vialtta.com or you may call me at 404.451.3095.

I look foward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Vialta Carvajal

bruja33196, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  12. bgwarden

bgwarden Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there!
    I'm an experienced freelance magazine and ezine writer -- and a former stringer for Glamour -- so your post sounds right up my alley. My writing (and photographs) have also been published in Cape Cod Life, Chesapeake Life, Caribbean Travel & Life, Sail Magazine, and Cruising World, to name just a few.

I'm including a sample clip below; since I was a stringer for Glamour, nothing appeared under my own name :-( so I am including a relationship-oriented piece.

UNOTraveler, April 2006
    TOP TIPS FOR COUPLES ADVENTURING
    By Barbara Gail S. Warden

There's really no better way to build a bond than sharing an adventure with a significant other. There's also nothing quite like the challenge! So here are the essential rules to remember before you take your dating or travel plans off-road.

REMEMBER: MEN ARE STRONGER THAN WOMEN.
    Yes, it's a no-brainer. What no one realizes is just how much stronger. According to the International Fitness Association, the average woman has 55% less upper body strength than the average man. In other words, the average woman isn't even half as strong as the average man.

Engrave this on your forehead. If you've never been adventuring as part of a couple before, it will certainly come as a surprise to both of you. One UNOtraveler contributor tells a story of camping with her boyfriend for months before he would believe she wasn't feigning weakness to get him to carry the heavy stuff. Once he finally realized her strength was about half of his, things went much more easily. (And once he realized she wasn't messing with him, he kind of liked the idea.) So even though it may seem unreasonable, plan for a proportional distribution of the heavy labor. To pick a helpful example: an even division of weight between your backpacks certainly seems fair, but is not always practical. As time goes on, it's likely to frustrate both parties.

ASK YOURSELF: HAVE YOU EVER SPENT THIS MUCH TIME TOGETHER?
    For example, if you plan a camping vacation with a significant other you don't live with, some habits may come as a surprise. Remember the first time you went away on a trip with one of your best friends? Was it an eye-opener? We bet.

So be prepared to realize that the cheerful morning-person act your partner puts on a few days a week may be…well, an act. Or that, despite the fact that you both clean up when the other one comes over, you may judge cleanliness a little differently.

So, be ready to be silent until the first cup of coffee is consumed. Get geared up to be flexible about route. And speed. And who likes to be zipped securely inside the tent and who likes to sleep out in the open under the glorious starry night sky. On the last one, there are easy solutions -- you can split up for the night (though most couples don't really like that one), or take turns. Some people decide it according to insect count. One long night of mosquito clouds on the beach may give your partner a whole new appreciation for the comfort of a bug-free tent. And a magical night of hundreds of shooting stars can convert an ardent, no-exceptions tent fan to a keen outdoor sleeper.

FORGET ABOUT GENDER ROLES.
    We have female friends who do all the cooking and cleaning. Some love it; some are at best reluctantly chivvied into it. We have male friends who do all the cooking and cleaning. Some love it; others hide it from their buddies because of the ribbing they take. But on an adventure, the only word to be said on this topic is fahgettaboutit. On the trail (or lack thereof), everyone needs to do what needs doing. If you can divvy the chores up beforehand (I’ll-cook-you-wash-dishes), so much the better, but otherwise, don't worry about it.

If you find yourself counting how many times you cook versus how many times your boyfriend does, or how many times your girlfriend cleans a frying pan while you clean a fish, just stop. You probably don't even like cleaning fish. Many couples go through this at some point, but off the trail, whoever happens to be free just has to do it – whatever it is.

SHARE THE GOOD TIMES.
    The best thing about couples adventuring is this: although sometimes it makes you pull your hair out, at other times it pulls you closer together. Adventuring with your significant other is an exploration in excitement, adventure, and trust, and can end up connecting you much more intimately than the average couple. (Although intimacy in this context might mean anything from shared danger to seeing feminine products at close range.) Married people go years without relying on their spouses to the extent that one good camping or rock-climbing trip can inspire. So enjoy it…and remember to tell your significant other how much more fun it was because you did it together. That’s what makes it the best kind of adventure.

Barbara Gail S. Warden is a former advertising executive turned freelance writer / editor who divides her time between skiing in Vermont and sailing in the Caribbean.

bgwarden, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  13. tracey718

tracey718 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i am interested . Please i left you a PM.thanks
    Tracey

tracey718, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  14. tracey718

tracey718 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i am interested i left u PM :D

15. tracey718

tracey718 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

sorry..i posted twice..not sure how to delete a post

16. transcriber

transcriber Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent you a PM. Please check. Thanks!

transcriber, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  17. gsmile

gsmile Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The focus is going to be switched a little and we are now looking for bloggers on these topics. We are looking for bloggers to write quality, frequent posts for a blog.

gsmile, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  18. shaklebolt

shaklebolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm interested in blogging. Please see PM

shaklebolt, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  19. marchesa

marchesa Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    gsmile- i have contacted you twice. please get back to me as you see fit.

marchesa, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  20. rayaan

rayaan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please refer PM. Thanks.

rayaan, Aug 21, 2007 IP