1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Assistance With A Q1 Media Problem

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by ebsports, Feb 3, 2016.

I was wondering if somebody could help me out with this, or perhaps has encountered a similar problem.

I've already contacted both Q1 Media and AppNexus, but have not been able to get any help.

In short, I've been using Q1 for months with no problems. Then two days ago, my 300x250 ads from Q1 stopped displaying. All my other ads from Q1 still display properly and all my 300x250 ads from other networks on AppNexus work properly.

Confused, I asked Q1 for help and they told me this:

The 300x250 unit was deactivated due to a 94% auction audit percentage. AppNexus now requires the % to be no lower than 95%. In order to have a higher Auction Audited %, you would need to ensure the domains you’re selling inventory on are the domains their system picks up. For example, selling Skype.com on Skype.com inventory. If the % is too low, there could be an issue with using IFrames causing their system to pick up the wrong domain, such as the domain of the iframe, and not the actual parent domain of the page.

Does anybody know what that would mean? And how to fix it?

ebsports, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  2. YieldOptimization

YieldOptimization Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I work closely with AppNexus. They compare the "auctioned domain" with the "detected domain." If yoursite.com comes through as "googlesyndication.com" (a google iframe for example) more than 5% of the time AppNexus will deactivate the placement ID. Q1 could create a new placement and get you back live if they wanted to but they will probably not do this for a low volume publisher. They also risk their AppNexus seat.

YieldOptimization, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  3. ebsports

ebsports Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you SO much for getting back to me.

I have no idea why my site would have done that - it worked perfectly fine for about six months and then bam!

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that. Really hope I can get them to fix it.

ebsports, Feb 3, 2016 IP