1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Treasure, Aug 18, 2005.

Hi all ....Am thinking of aquiring a domain. Its a 6 letter domain ending in ,org with a PR of 5 and showing the following backlinks: google 76, msn 402, yahoo 670. How much value would you give to this domain? Also, the domain is associated with a scam (I obviously dont intend to keep it so), how much would this lower the value?

Treasure, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Very difficult to say, the questions I would ask are:
    • Do I want to be connected to a scam in any way?
    • Are the backlinks relevent to the new used of the site I have in mind?
    • What good is PR5 anyway (am I going to be selling links)?
    • Are my intended keywords in the URL?
    • Is their a similar .com available?
    • Who will buy it if I don't (price)?
    Not answered your question but hopefully given you something to think about.

dct, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  3. hasbehas

hasbehas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would never buy a used domain my self.
    unless;
    the amount of time that trying to get the new domain upto PR5,(PR5 represents ranking in general from my point of view.),
    the amount of money going to be spent to on it (if there will be any),
    the amount of the business (money) would be (possibly)lost untill the new site is up'n running the way like the one on sale.

and obviously a couple of more reasons.. put them together.. Will give you the value.

good luck..

hasbehas, Aug 18, 2005 IP
  4. ozegreatdeals

ozegreatdeals Peon

Best Answers:
    I will not mention the domain name but I guess it is the infamous get paid to search scheme... if you are going to run a site related to the domain name i.e. - online money making then it would be a good buy as you can then run ads related to that and with those ratings it would earn a decent amount, also the traffic stats to that domain name are still fairly high so all you need to do is put a basic site in place and add a cpm network to it and you will be earning at least $2 a day. But knowing how much they want for the domain name it could be a bit of a gamble.

Drew.

ozegreatdeals, Aug 21, 2005 IP
  5. capebretoner

capebretoner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have just had a VERY bad experience with an old domain. My site was not being indexed at all by google even though they would crawl the site multiple times a day. So I went out and got a new domain and everything is good again.
    Also if the site is a scam site, I would be careful about how the site is getting its PR5 there are many ways to scam that too

capebretoner, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  6. irongloves

irongloves Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would take it and park it to a PPC page. Of course that would be good if you are not willing to set a biz on it.

Thanks,
    irongloves

irongloves, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  7. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you want to be associated with any robbers?

I would definately skip it.

Anyway, if you intend to buy it, check if the name is blacklisted or not at http://www.whois.sc so that you won't come back here 3 mth from now and start a thread about blacklisted domain.

iskandar, Aug 27, 2005 IP