1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GLD, Jul 19, 2006.

Hi guys,

For the last couple of days I've been working on the frame of a blog-type website made from scratch: Techy Babble. It's kind of like a blog, and I coded it in PHP, storing the articles and comments in MySQL databases.

I've designed it as a sort of new technology information site (much like Gizmondo). My initial plan was to create the code and design and sell it, but I'm thinking now that I may keep it for myself and develop it.

I'm creating this thread because I have a couple of questions I'd love to be answered.

There are a couple of minor issues that still need fixing (curved top and bottom are a bit rugged etc...), but on the whole, what do you think of the deisgn and coding? How is the load speed? Is the comment system practical as it is, or should I have gone about it a different way?

Secondly, how much do you think I could sell the site for if I was to decide to sell it?

And thirdly, does anyone have any tips for blogging about technology related subjects? Is it much easier or much more difficult than other subjects? I don't consider myself to be much of a writer...

All comments would really be much appreciated,

Thanks.

GLD, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. ThomasB

ThomasB Peon

Best Answers:
    Just at a glance I quiet like the design, the logo is good as well.

ThomasB, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. chrysostom

chrysostom Guest

Best Answers:
    I see the page in what looks to be Latin? I don't know if it is supposed to be that language.

chrysostom, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  4. stupidfly

stupidfly Peon

Best Answers:
    The design looks very nice. For reference, I'm in Firefox. There is an issue to the right of the top banner, though. There is a line sticking out to the right. Blog script seems pretty good. As for the comments... you may want to allow commentors to hide their e-mail address.

stupidfly, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. GLD

GLD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    chrysotom: It's not latin, it's Lorem Ipsum, a dummy language used to fill the space where text should be because I haven't written any articles yet. Read more about it here.
    stupidfly: Thanks for catching that FF problem, I'll try and fix it now.

GLD, Jul 20, 2006 IP