1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need advice with book title/subtitle/description

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sprogy, Feb 9, 2014.

This is not your regular copy, but the rules still apply, right? Any ways, this is what I have been able to come up with so far (1. title, 2. subtitle, 3. short description):
    1. It was never really about diet or exercise
    2. Understand why mainstream weight loss advice actually works against you
    3. Learn how to use the psychology of your eating habits, to become comfortable with eating less, eating healthier, or even eating nothing at all.

I have already been told it kinda sucks, but I am really looking for slightly less vague sugesstions. Anyone?

sprogy, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  2. sprogy

sprogy Member

Best Answers:
    Probably a better version?
    1. Psych Yourself Thin
    2. Understanding why weight loss was never really about diet or exercise
    3. Your eating psyhology training manual to survive any weight loss diet or create lasting changes to your diet.

sprogy, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  3. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think your title and subtitle is too negative. You should write something that awakes positive emotions in a reader, and solution for his problem.

Nick02, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you ought to try being more direct, here is what I would suggest:
    1.Get off your fat ass!
    2.Understand why shoving food in your mouth actually works against you.
    3.Learn how to grow a backbone and control your urge to eat junk food, or better yet join a gym.
    ;)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  5. hobbesmedia

hobbesmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva is on to something, but I would ask why you need to separate a title, sub-title, and description for your book. Perhaps the description should be your title. One of the best-selling self-help books of all-time is Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People." That's the title, period. It is simple, direct, creates desire, and conveys the message that the book will help the reader/buyer do something they want to do.

Thus, I'm wondering whether you might consider something such as: "How to Eat Less, Eat Healthier, or Even Eat Nothing at All" "How to Psych Yourself Into Eating Less..." Or, if you want a cool, "brandable" title, try something like "Brain Binge: How to Use Psychology to Eat Less..." and so on and so forth.

hobbesmedia, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  6. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is my suggestion:

The Mind-Weight Loss Connection: Learn how controlling your thoughts and beliefs can shave pounds off your body, and keep the weight off for good

While other diet books focus on external factors like the types of foods you eat the amount of exercise you do, The Mind-Weight Loss Connection focuses on the critical other half of the equation: Mindset. The thoughts and habits of dieting that lead some people to lose hundreds of pounds and others to go their whole lives overburdened by excess weight.

Read my guide to understand how to use the power of your mind to make the right decisions, easily and effortlessly, all the while enjoying a diet you love and live with for life.

Sean DeSilva, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  7. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Making their way into the ring, my suggestions: (para-parrra-pararaaaaa...)
    Title: A Healthy Diet Starts in the Mind before it Reaches the Plates.
    Subtitle: Understanding the Psychology of a Healthy Eater.
    Short Description: You know what's healthy for you. Now, learn how to enjoy eating it.
    Oh God, where do I hide now?? :oops:

TDI-MAD, Feb 28, 2014 IP