1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice to monetize eBay related domain

Discussion in 'eBay' started by tapantico, Dec 21, 2007.

Hi,

I recently bought the domain e-b-a-y-t-i-p-s.net (without the dashes) and would like to hear suggestions about how to focus its development in order to achieve the best conversion of traffic into money.

I have many years of experience developing internet projects, mostly for travel companies and many years of experience as an eBay user (buyer, not seller) but have no experience producing revenue with eBay affiliate programs.

I've heard that being an affiliate of eBay can produce excellent income but I've read that eBay forbids using any domain containing their name on it to send traffic, so I would really like to hear the advice of people with experience.

Thanks to everyone.

tapantico, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  2. amberleaf35

amberleaf35 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well like you said ebay does'nt let you use a domain with the word ebay in it,so ebay affiliate is out,i don't know whether you could list the items that you have for sale on ebay to drive more traffic to your listings,i'm not sure if the ebay domain issue is the same there as well?
    You could just use the site as an information site about ebay,and then mabybe do another site promoting your ebay affiliate listings,as long as ebay is not in that domain i can't see a problem,but i would read through ebay's affiliate terms just to be safe.

amberleaf35, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. amberleaf35

amberleaf35 Guest

Best Answers:
    By the way what i meant was use the domain with ebay in it as a information resourse with links to a new domain that promotes your ebay affiliate stuff,so as to drive extra traffic to your ebay affiliate site.

amberleaf35, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your domain with ebay in it is a major problem and ebay are red hot on copyright infringement, once it becomes noticed you will receive a communication from their lawyers. it does'nt make any difference whether or not you use it as an affiliate site. i don't mean to be negative but it will happen.

mcjp6, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I agree, and also hate to be negative ... but your best bet is to sell the domain to a sucker and get out now. Buying trademarked domains never results in a happy ending. If you can still edit out your domain name from your post, you should do it now.

Even if you're not an affiliate, you simply don't want to fcuk with eBay.

Kerosene, Dec 22, 2007 IP