1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice - The Best B2B Marketplace for buying and selling with a good review

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by sungokong, Sep 13, 2015.

im looking to build b2b marketplace , with a good review,good feedback, and user friendly. with good design..
    any suggest?

million thanks

sungokong, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Domain after market, exactly like here we have on DP, with stats, instant payment, etc, is excellent; I like it more than any other domain market place such as F****a or A******c or N******s. But DP has too many forums, which is both good (you will probably get many views) and bad (many distractions). So if you can build one exactly like what we have here, I will surely join. But no, not another B****b***** clone, there are too many of them.

An alternative gigs market like F****r --although there are already many, but one that can beat their price would be desirable. Not sure if it will affect gigs quality, tho.

or is it another type of B2B?

th.sigit, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  3. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what do you mean exatcly? clone site is a bad? or build script from zero to be hero is a perfect choice.

4. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    I assume that you're going to build a b2b website on your own, and looking for niche, so I gave you ideas.

Domain market place isn't saturated yet ... There are many out there, but they lack of features or usability, thus, only a few that are popular. Besides, there are too many sellers, too little buyers, so I guess another market place will help both sellers and buyers find a place where they can transacts more comfortably. Additionally, you said you will be building one that is "...with a good review,good feedback, and user friendly. with good design". If so, and a good marketing strategy, I think you will win. You can generate income by selling premium membership, or premium listing, or anything you can think of.

On the other hand, there are many people are looking to outsource their projects, and not so demanding about quality. This is where gigs market will take place. Or you can build one with a little bit more expensive fees and requires a little bit more work involved. It is all your choice. Again, I assume here "..with a good review,good feedback, and user friendly. with good design", which is a requirement here, you will be competing with F*****s, F*********s, E*****, etc.

No I do not recommend clones. I personally do not like clones, I was talking about niche that I am interested at. But, if you would start with clone scripts, why not --as long as you can control the codes and improve them!

While talking about clones: DP itself is a CMS-based forum, built on XenForo, in that sense it is a clone of thousands of Xenforo sites all over the world. However if you visit DP's marketplace, it is improved with various site specific plugin (I guess) to help sellers and buyers met their needs. I suggest you try to list a domain at marketplace here only to see how it works.

Others might have a brighter, a better idea. Mine might be interesting only for me.

5. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks th.sigit . your name looks like malaysian, correct?
    any more suggest for a good marketplace?

6. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Actually it is a Javanese name ... I am Indonesian, but think of SE Asia in the past (like thousands years ago until less than a hundred years ago) is more or less like Europe Union today --almost no nationality boundaries-- so names might be similar sometimes and culture is exchanged.

Btw I just checked your profile and read your posts on another topic, Etsy is a good idea and we have a handful of similar sites here in Indonesia, not exactly a clone but custom coded. However they required a couple of years before getting popular, and during that time PHP version had move on so you would want to keep up with an update. If so, I guess popular CMSes like Wordpress or Drupal or ecommerce specific script like Opencart, Prestashop or Magento would be a way to go because they tend to keep up with an update. I do not see why a Wordpress / Drupal / Opencart / Prestashop / Magento marketplace can not compete with custom coded scripts, provided that you have a good design, a good marketing plan, and a good programmer to back you up. If you are to go with Wordpress, I advice you start looking at https://premium.wpmudev.org/ or http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/ (the latter lately is acquired by Automattic, the company behind wordpress) to see if they have something suitable for your project. With Drupal, I am not sure if this will be an option, because development cost will be very expensive.

Another bright idea would be something like Alibaba.com --they used to be ugly, only a listing of (hundreds of) companies along with company profile, product info and contact links, not as sophisticated as a marketplace which needs to handle shopping cart, wallet/balance, escrow service, etc. However it is now the largest B2B website in Asia. Having said that, I am suggesting you to start with a directory of companies in your country and puts more features later when your site grows.

Hey, are you Indonesian? sun go kong is an Indonesian name for the white monkey, known as Wu Kong in other countries.

7. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @th.sigit ,nope you wrong,HK city bytheway.find the name @google. oh indonesian people. AHOK right for the president Indonesia? :D i know people in indonesian always talking and saying about his good guy. to many people indonesia work in here,saying and chit chat discussion about mr.ahok "a man without corruption" "clap clap" *proud. the rise of indonesian :D

back to topic. :) i think cms is more better. opensource like osclass. but cant handle a big oscommerce items..actually i dont like opensource to create B2b marketplace.
    maybe i try to research some peorgrammer to build a good b2b marketplace with PHP.

before this i need to buy the etsyclone,but a guy post a badreview about that site. so i think would be better to hire a programmer.

8. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Nice to meet you @sungokong :)

Jokowi and Ahok are the best pairs. Hoping for Jokowi for the next presidency and Ahok to become the vice, and after that Ahok for presidency. Guess that will do best for this country.

On a side note: is 'sun go kong' a hokkien dialect and 'sun wu kong' cantonese? Because the first is more popular here than the latter (it is almost unknown if not because of internet or TV) and I wonder which part of culture here is affected which part of geo area there.

9. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sun Wukong, also known as the Monkey King, is a main character in the Chinese classical..
    ihavefriendin indonesia too stay with same room same floor. from surabaya. "apa kabar bro" "sutah makan" "mau ayam" :D

back to topic,you think build from cms first like wordpress wp or hire programmer ro build from zero?

do u know what is the best opensource for b2b? woocommerce possible to handle more than 1million product?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  10. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    If you were asking me, that depends on which level of skills that I have, and how much money I have got in my pocket.

As for the moment, I am more familiar developing with Drupal, and it helps me gets some basic features that I want from any websites.

Pros:

• Everything is free.
    • When you've got familiar with Drupal configuration etc, you can control every element with ease.
    • It is module based, each modules is designed to work with another modules, therefore it is robust.
    • Very secure. Each drupal modules is tested for security (although, sometimes security issues escapes too)
    Cons:
    • If you need something not out-of-the-box, you need to configure it yourself, this takes time to learn.
    • Any core upgrades requires a bit of technical knowledge.
    Here's a sample of a great site built with Drupal, among many others:
    • https://www.stage32.com/welcome/13/ (social network)
    • https://mataharimall.com/ (online store)

I have been using Wordpress also, and it is also a great CMS to start with. There are so many plugins and modules available for free, but it has similar advantages and drawback.

Pros:

• doing upgrades is easy, even non-techie person can do that!
    • plugins-based --simply "plug and play"
    • many free useful plugins or themes in the market, with an option to upgrade to premium
    Cons
    • security; WP core is secure but unlike Drupal, it is very easy to list themes or plugins into WP repository, and no security-check procedure for theme by core WP developers.
    • support; most of these themes/plugins are issued by individuals, means you have various plugins and themes but probably a single developer will support if you meet troubles or need additional features. Therefore, most of time, I would advise you to use themes/plugins that are developed by a company.
    • ads; some themes/plugins are freemium, and ads to upgrade to premium version is kind of annoying sometimes ..
    I do not have experience with Prestashop, Magento, or Opencart to say anything about them, but overall they look nice and it is worth to try them on your localhost to see if it fits you. Develop a custom script using PHP is probably a good advice, because they provide you only functionality you need. However scaling them might be a problem, especially if you work with many developers instead of one. Another option would be using PHP framework such as Symphony or CI.

th.sigit, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  11. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i find another site from your country. Tokopedia design , feature, etc awesome. thats not opensource correct?

sungokong, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  12. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    No it's not opensource. Tokopedia and Bukalapak are also getting popular right now, they are custom coded. If you are using Firefox, I recommend use a Firefox addon called Wappalyzer --this will instantly show you which machine is empowering the page that you are visiting.

13. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks. btw wordpress.or woocommerce can handle a million product?

sungokong, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  14. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Mmmm not sure ... never had such a big site. I have my faith on Drupal, not WP. If you were asking if Drupal could scale, I will definitely sure it can. But since you asked if Wordpress/Woocommerce would scale up to 1 mil products, you could probably ask people on wordpress.org about it.

15. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i already check for opensource,a website with millions of products can not be managed by using WordPress or any other CMS,there is a limitation in terms of number of products that a CMS can handle
    that's why i need to hire some programmer to develop this website using PHP and Codeigniter and it is Open source as well

sungokong, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  16. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a huge project! Good luck, let me hear it when you 've done!

th.sigit, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  17. Heeren

Heeren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, I would like to thanks to both of you @th.sigit and @sungokong for such a nice discussion for an eCommerce store, it is very useful for others too who wants to have an eCommerce store.

Please make a note as @sungokong said, Custom PHP or PHP based framework like CodeIgniter/Laravel can handle such a big inventory and can build any custom feature requires for your eCommerce store.

Or if you still want to browse other options to build an eCommerce Magento can also be an option since Magento follows the MVC code structure. Therefore it is safe and as well as can handle big inventories of 1 million products or more.

Heeren, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  18. sungokong

sungokong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    magento is not user friendly for seller..
    what is better. building ecomerce using php / asp ?

sungokong, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  19. Heeren

Heeren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @sungokong Both technologies are used in large web applications and large successful websites. Therefore, both languages are great to handle any large eCommerce store. But the resource and deployment is easier on PHP compare to ASP.net.

If you want to review the detailed comparison of these technologies visit the blog at http://website-serv.blogspot.in/2015/09/whether-php-or-aspnet-userfriendly-for.html

hope it will explain you.

Heeren, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  20. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Just review our http://www.xhtmljunkies.com/magento-extension/magento-extensions/xj-marketplace we had implemented at more then 10 stores. and it has all marketplace features.

KEY FEATURES
    • Our Marketplace extension provides the platform for multiple sellers/vendors/suppliers their products with single Magento setup.
    • Our Marketplace have the separate seller profile.
    • Seller can manage banner, catalog, shop logo custom HTML text.
    • Seller can manage (add/edit/delete) their products
    • Seller can assign category and sub category of the products which admin has created.
    • Seller can set the shipping charge per product.
    • Separate seller's product collection.
    • Create seller URL as per his provided URL link. e.g Seller name is John and set url key john, so when user click on seller profile url will be like www.domainname.com/john
    • Feedback and review system with interactive star rating.
    • Different seller commission for every seller, Provision for admin to manage individual commission rates for each seller exhibiting products in your web store.
    • Admin authentication for the seller’s account to activate.
    • Back-end admin can moderate the products which seller adds.
    • Seller Dashboard will display the current status of product account E.g - pending, complete , processing
    • Stock Availability check enabled.
    • Work with all themes and templates including responsive templates.
    • Marketplace powers admin to manage complete products as well as seller details from the admin panel.
    • Admin control for product approval: Approve or disapprove newly added products by the seller.
    • Admin can manage seller information, commission and other details from the admin panel. Also, admin can make an existing registered customer to be a seller.
    • Ability for admin to view the seller transactions and mark them paid once the payment has processed.
    • Complete customized section including Tier Price, Custom Options, Seller Shop URL, Profile Image, Profile Logo, Catalog PDF, etc.
    • Enable/Disable registration link for seller, manage the text of the link, Auto enabling of products can be managed from the System Configuration.

Harshal shah, Oct 2, 2015 IP