1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice, starting hosting business

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by wissam, Mar 4, 2016.

I recently started a hosting service and offer VPS, KVM and Cpanel hosting, as part of my promo I offered spots for free hosting.
    I need your honest review and you will got to keep a free slot PM if interested, I need advice starting the paid hosting, what do you think is good for the market? what does people want in a web host? what is the best automated cart for web hosting that can create cpanel accounts and or VPS KVM without me manually setting up everything.

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  2. bapparabi

bapparabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Starting a web hosting business need many things ..If you run webhosting business using reseller hsoting and reseller vps then you load will be less for server maintenance and otehr server related things .. you have to more focus in marketing of your plans in market in such a way that people will be interested in buying it .

but if you planning to run completely on your own then you have to have good amount of budget + server debug and maintenance experience + high marketing budget and marketing plans ...

See there are 1000+ of hosting comapny right now in market all providing same thing but they market in different ways ..

People look for cost and server up time in hosting industry most ..so focus on this to make it strong ..

For automatic your complete billing system you can use whmcs billing system which is number one and top and best billing system which do everything automatically ..

Hope this will clarify everything you ask for

bapparabi, Mar 8, 2016 IP
  3. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am going for a re-seller hosting but I will have half the load, at least the software side of it, as I will be providing technical support and help customers on their VPS or websites or wordpress support free of charge but for essentials only, also I will be taking backups manually just in case.

I am still struggling to get the payment thing to work, as I rented a dedicated and I want it to split to vps accounts automatically on purchase, I have no idea or experience with whmcs but thats a good start, I have experience with shared hosting only which is WHM but not selling VPS for instance, I will need to read about it, thank you for help.

wissam, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WHMCS is pretty much mandatory if you want to do this right. I am just wrapping up the hosting arm of a web development firm for a company. This plugin for whmcs saved me quite a bit of time. http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/329/FREE-ResellerClub-Tools-v2.html among other things that grabs the domain prices from your upstream provider and keeps them up to date on the site.

Its otherwise fairly easy stuff to combine whmcs with whm. Its what its for.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 21, 2016 IP
  5. tillhunter

tillhunter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HI wissam
    In this page you can find top 10 cheap reseller plans that hosting companies offers
    https://hithoster.com/top-10-cheap-reseller-hosting

tillhunter, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  6. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    People want to be impressed. Impress them.

Abelo, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  7. radwebhosting

radwebhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    WHMCS works well with WHM/cPanel and can automate most of the process. SolusVM is good for VPS hosting control panel.

radwebhosting, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  8. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to completely automate the process, there are actually several cogs in the wheel which are required to accomplish that.

Lets back up a little bit and process this one step at a time. If you are doing cPanel/Shared hosting, this is the easiest to setup. As Nigel noted, Reseller Club has a good WHMCS plugin available for integration with their services.

If you aren't aware, there is the control panel software called WHM/cPanel. Its technically one software package which is installed at the same time where WHM is the web host side and cPanel is the customer facing side of the control panel. The web host side allows you to create hosting accounts(cPanel logins), modify hosting packages, suspend/terminate accounts, manage some firewall settings, etc and most people are familiar with how the cPanel side works.

Then there is WHMCS which is just a billing software which can integrate with your payment processors and it can also communicate with your WHM installation by creating cPanel accounts through WHM for instance as you mentioned. It handles communicating with the customers and other things like suspension when an account is past due. I won't really go into detail on this, because if you intend to be a quality web host, I assume that you'd be able to figure out how to do these things yourself and there truly are lots of online resources which cover this topic.

When it comes to VPS hosting, you're talking a whole different can of worms. You can still use WHMCS to manage this aspect of it, but the integration layer between a customer ordering and having a VPS readily available for customer use is not as simple.

You first need to identify which virtualization software you intend to use. There are several options where some of them may be virtualization solutions only like VMWare and then there are solutions which manage control panel and virtualization solutions in one, like Softaculous Virtualizor. Just about no matter which way you turn here however, you'll be incurring a monthly recurring charge to offer a top tier branded virtualization/control panel environment that your future customers will trust, not to mention be familiar with. One good thing about a solution like Virtualizor, though its VPS panel is not a common one, would be that it has a WHMCS plugin already built for it, can completely automate the process of creating the virtual machine, installing your desired operating system and also installing your desired control panel. Also keep in mind, that unlike shared/cPanel hosting where each cPanel login is sharing the same computational resources, if you are choosing to provide your VPS customers with a cPanel branded control panel, you must pay a licensing fee($14-$15/mo) for every single VPS you create for them.

Virtualizor is the only solution I personally have had experience with although there are many others. They do offer a free trial. I will say that I've changed directions and am using a VMWare custom solution for the time being, however I may look at Virtualizor or another option down the road. Hope that helps.

doublespaces, Mar 28, 2016 IP
  9. magpiehost

magpiehost Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't manage vps node, you should hire tech for this.

magpiehost, Mar 28, 2016 IP