1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice related to domain name ownership

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Kajuri, Jul 4, 2013.

m looking for a domain name which is already registered by someone else from last 5-6 years but not in use.
    I checked through different website and come to know that it's an agency who invest in domains ...

Now i want your advice, how to get this domain at genuine price. How to negotiate well, coz many a friend suggested me that such agency can ask a price 10 fold

Kajuri, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  2. biftek

biftek Active Member

Best Answers:
    the only thing you can is to contact them and say i will buy the domain for X amount , they will reply back with we were thinking more around Y amount , then you negotiate

like buying a car , have your price in mind and don't go over your budget , don't get too emotional attached and be prepared to walk if the price isn't right

most domain investors will only be too happy to sell the domain rather then sit on it in the hopes of it one day making them a million

biftek, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. If the domain owner sees you really want the domain, then they would ask for a higher amount.

Make sure to look around too and see what other domain names you could register or purchase at a lesser price in case you don't get the domain you prefer.

affilorama, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  4. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The issue is, any domain that makes more money than cost of registration per year.
    The current owner can afford to keep it as long he wants.

it career, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  5. Kajuri

Kajuri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am very much interested for this particular domain, coz i am running a business with the name from quite a long time. Also having a registered copy right for the same.

Kajuri, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  6. pnaidoo

pnaidoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Doesn't matter.

Contact the company who registered the domain name. Start negotiating with them.

I have come across many companies who refuse to negotiate. They state the price and tell you they will not negotiate. Then you walk away if you are not willing to pay their price.

There is nothing you can do else to get the domain.

pnaidoo, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  7. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your have any copyright or trademark over that brand name,then you may send a letter officially to them.you may need to consult an attorney in that case

falsebook, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  8. emdiworld

emdiworld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is important not to underestimate the significance of a website name in developing a successful online identity. Most people develop a strong impression of a particular web identity from the name used to identify that web site. If people are able to remember a domain easily, they are more likely to visit and re-visit that particular website.
    So, what's in a name? How do you choose a website domain name that has the ability to attract and maintain targeted visitors? Coming up with a good, suitable name for your website requires careful thought and time set aside to conduct research for a name most ideal for your online endeavors.

emdiworld, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  9. sellink2010

sellink2010 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi...
    If your doesn't want to negotiated againt with the owner, just do the domain Backorder on domain registration... godaddy have backorder, just do that...

sellink2010, Jul 9, 2013 IP