1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on Web Dev: WordPress or from scratch

Discussion in 'Programming' started by YesBoss, Jul 28, 2020.

Hello,

I have an established ecommerce business selling digital codes and releases codes after successful payment.

I developed the site myself with mediocre skills I have from past experience with various projects and self-taught. I am planning to hire developers in-house to develop and maintain a new redesigned site.

I have developed the site using Wordpress and Woocommerce and so far it's getting the job done but due to a lot of lacking of my programing skills and wordpress features I am not able to have the sites UI/UX the way I want it to be ex. Customers Dashboard page, buying process and few other things.

I also use a plugin to release codes for a individual product once payment is complete. It's also working well but UX is not so great but getting the job done.

Now I would like to know if I want to hire in-house developers and redesign the site -- should I stay with Wordpress and develop plugins and themes to get it the way I want or should I use a different technology to develop the site ?

Our business is taking off and needs to be handling in a professional manner. Since we sell digital codes - security is very important and fraud prevention needs to be focused on also.

Hope these information is sufficient. Thanks in advance

YesBoss, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  2. elaine869

elaine869 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. I would recommend you trying Magento. Magento is relatively quick to deploy (in multiple languages, payment methods, etc), it will require technical knowledge and extended developer support. Magento isn’t the best choice for beginners, however, experienced ecommerce merchants will find every feature they need in a flexible, customizable interface. Magento requires substantial design restyling, as well as more time to set up and go live. About other aspects you can read here https://elogic.co/blog/magento-vs-shopify-which-to-choose/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    elaine869, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  3. YesBoss

YesBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Thank you for your response. Are you recommending Magento as an alternative to Wordpress or is it more superior compared wordpress functionality ? My site needs to be customized for better UI/UX and that is not really easy to do in wordpress for all occasions since its limited to Woocommerce and wordpress structure. Example I would like the user dashboard to be more user friendly to the digital products that im selling and also revealing the code in a proper and easy manner.

If Magento is similar to Wordpress/Woocommerce then I would rather stick with Wordpress but if its features are more advanced and more flexible than WordPress then I will check up on that to see if its a better choice for us.

YesBoss, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  4. Mike Kramer

Mike Kramer Peon

Best Answers:
    When I have such problem, I usually looking for some software development company which can resolve my question.

Mike Kramer, Jan 13, 2021 IP
  5. cloudpro

cloudpro Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend processwire or craft cms for business websites. Using wordpress is for suckers..

cloudpro, Oct 22, 2021 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    ProcessWire looks interesting if you're looking for a traditional CMS and don't mind buying plugins. The REST API and GraphQL look interesting but rely on a third-party plugin.

sarahk, Oct 24, 2021 IP