1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

need advice on social networking or online dating site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buhawi, May 18, 2008.

Hi!

I'm planning to have a social networking site like friendster or myspace or an online dating site.

But I would like to have some advice on how to begin and how much would it possibly cost.

I'd appreciate any advice on how it could be done on a cheaper manner without necessarily sacrificing quality and potential of the proposed site.

Hope you'll be generous with your valuable ideas. Thank you! :)

Buhawi, May 18, 2008 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there are clone scripts available for friendster/myspace. just google friendster script or myspace scpitp and you will see some. not very expensive. hard thing it to market those sites as they are so saturated these days.

wrong place to post this thread btw

sultanofseo, May 18, 2008 IP
  3. web_hunk

web_hunk Peon

Best Answers:
    The scripts won't be a problem but as mentioned above, it will take a lot of hard work to bring visitors to the site and make them sign up. You will have to think out-of-the-box and make your site interesting enough for the visitors to become members and come back again and again. Best of luck! :)

web_hunk, May 19, 2008 IP
  4. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need some brand new marketing/advertising strategies to your site because It's hard to take down myspace and facebook. usually people, me for example would not sign up for a site like your's because none of my friends are using it. I would try to get people from craigslist to join :D, also market on teen sites :D.
    just my 2 cents :D.

redz, May 19, 2008 IP
  5. web_hunk

web_hunk Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes you laugh so much? :D

web_hunk, May 19, 2008 IP
  6. Buhawi

Buhawi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback! :)

Any idea how much it would possibly cost me to set up and run the proposed site? :)

Cheers! :)

Buhawi, May 19, 2008 IP
  7. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you definitely need a strategy. Dating niche is not so easy to take off, but if you have a plan and a good keyphrase/idea that may work.
    Check out links in my sig, they could help)

inatmo, May 19, 2008 IP
  8. ed dollard

ed dollard Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I run a site to promote speed dating events it not the same as online dating but we set it up as a regional site covering one area that way we ran the adword add just in that area. Trying to get keyword at a good price in dating is too hard. After a time the site list got large enough in that area so we moved out a little but it took some time.i see some dating sites doing the same thing now around the uk areas

ed dollard, May 19, 2008 IP
  9. Buhawi

Buhawi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Can you post url please?

Buhawi, May 19, 2008 IP
  10. SjulyN

SjulyN Guest

Best Answers:
    Niche or Business Social Networking sites are the way to go! The easiest variant for you is to purchase ready-made software for creating a site. For example, PG Social Networking Software – for Social Networking site. If you need MySpace-type site, you will have to customize it or order custom work to be done, whichever script you choose since all of them do not include the options you might require. I recommend PG Solutions, as they sell everything in a package – all that you need to launch a site and it's very convenient: product, hosting, domains, customization and you can also order a new design.
    Hope, this info will be useful for you :)

SjulyN, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  11. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    It takes a lot of work and a lot of money to build and promote a social networking site.

Cyclops, Jul 12, 2008 IP