1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on shipping items to customers from multiple vendors.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ecomdesigner, Jun 30, 2017.

Good day and thanks for reading this,

When a customer orders multiple products from my web store, it may be shipped from multiple manufacturers/vendors directly to the customer.

Is it better to ship multi-item orders from multiple vendors to my business first, then consolidate them into one package (or fewer packages) so customers receive full order at one time?

This also gives me added quality control but the vendors used are highly reputable.

The down side is higher shipping costs, longer shipping times for customers to receive their products, and slightly higher prices or lower profits.

Is there a common practice standard used for this situation?

I'm having trouble determining which is best way to go for the customer while maintaining a profit. The average markup is between 15 and 25 percent so there is some minimal room for added expenses without higher costs to the customer.

Any input will be appreciated and thanks for your time.

ecomdesigner, Jun 30, 2017 IP