1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice on Selling Business2Business Databases

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HealthyData, Jul 17, 2015.

Hi Guys,

My first post here, would be very thankful for any advice. So I have a large amount of B2B data, including phone number, name, email, address etc. for a wide range of different business niche's. The databases contain around 50,000 entries each, all contained within an excel document. What do you think is the best method/strategy to go about selling these?

Thanks a lot

HealthyData, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As a sales and marketing manager in the B2B world (day job) I get at least three offers per day for databases, lists, etc., all supposedly targeted to my markets/industries. Most of them are scams, of course, in that they are selling stolen, stale, or duplicate data. I do run telemarketing, direct mail, and other such marketing campaigns, but I would NEVER buy a list or database from anything but an established, trusted broker because of these issues.

To sell to me, you would have to absolutely convince me that your list/database is legal, accurate, fresh, etc. I would want to know how and where you developed the list, why it is unique from other lists, and why I can trust you. Note that much like the real estate market, in which only three things matter: location, location, and location, direct marketing campaigns have only three things that matter: list, list, and list. So, it is not worth the risk of failure in buying a cheap, sketchy list.

Very tough sell and, unfortunately for you, I am probably the type of repeat buyer that you would like to work with. :)

jrbiz, Jul 18, 2015 IP