1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice for New Info/Fan Site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jessecooper, Oct 10, 2009.

So I'm looking at starting a Fan/Info site for a popular television show.

The site will focus on being a hub of easter eggs, interviews, embedded episodes streamed from the TV shows own site (still wondering if I should do this), Facts, games, Products and pretty much everything I can find related to the Show.

There is a few things I need advice on:

The tools to build this site with
    Almost all of my other sites have been done in wordpress but I don't think it would be the right solution here (tons of pages). I'm looking at CMS's like Joomla, Drupal (some say it sucks), Mambo, and some other CMS's. I've also thought about deploying this as a Wiki, but I also have no experience in this or the wiki software to use. It may work fine but I'm not sure if giving community editing ability to the info would be good or bad. I am open to advice on how to build this site out, I also plan to promote primarily through SEO so if you all know which one of these is friendliest to goog please advise.​

How to Monetize
    I've only made any real money from affiliate programs through services like AzAds and IncentaClick. This would be the first time I build out a full content site so I figured their may better way to monetize. I have a YPN (yahoo publisher network) account from back in 2005 and if I remember the hype correctly It pays out great per click. I could also monetize using things like Amazon affilate or Ebay affilate to sell DVD's and other Merc. Can't do adsense.​

Any other Advice
    Like I said this would be the first big content site I've rolled out besides some blogs, so if you manage a big information site and have any advice I all ears. I'm giving alot of thought to the domain... Also I've considered a forum as part of the site but I think that would be nice for a later date.

I appreciate any advice you are willing to share.

jessecooper, Oct 10, 2009 IP