1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Advice, 400+ unique hits/day

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by GAdsense, Feb 22, 2012.

Writing this post makes me remember of my time I registered here, when I knew nothing about Adsense. Yet I was so excited that I named my username after that, GAdsense. It seemed like people were helping but it felt like I was the only one back then who couldn't earn.

Over time, I've learned loads of things. I mean literally loads of stuff. I am now excited to start again on the Adsense journey.

It's been sometime I was working on a site, 50 hits a day was normal. Slowly I worked over it a bit and now its PR3, since last two days am getting well over 500 unique hits daily.

Problem? The clicks price is low, I don't know why so? It was even 1 cent. Then I blocked some URL's and it worked fine yesterday. $1.07 cents for one click yesterday. But now today again, 2-4 cents a day. Generally, I am receiving 2 clicks everyday. Its been some days I added Adsense though.

What am I doing wrong? I plan to take it to 1000 unique views per day naturally within next 2 months or even earlier. Any tips on increasing Adsense revenue? I am using image ads.

Thanks

GAdsense, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you learned about the geographical origin of traffic and how it affects CPC?
    You want the majority of your audience to come from large consumer markets, which means western countries mainly.

Also by "using image ads" do you mean you are blocking all text ads? That's bad. Let adsense do its job, don't waste your time by blocking anything, undo what you've done regarding this and focus on your job as a publisher instead..

JamesColin, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am targeting US and almost 90% of traffic is from there. Not really, I know somethings but something I should read or you can add to my knowledge? Thanks :)

4. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your traffic comes from US, then next things are your ad placement and the level of technicality of your audience (eg. your main topic)
    Your ad placement should be optimized and you should be looking at a minimum of 5% CTR, that's a goal, but anything higher is fine too.
    About your audience, if your site is about something technical then it'll be harder to get clicks. Even more if it's computer related!

In fine, what is most important is not really the CPC but your RPM. Starting from $5 RPM I'm happy with it, but anything higher is of course better :)

5. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is technical indeed, in a way, my main topic is design related. Mostly quality research posts. But am adding many things to it which is causing the traffic increase slowly. Right now, am having a medium rectangle, start/middle/end of posts. Do I have some control to change the ads? It displays ads about japan cars and stuff. Nothing related at all. Section targetting? Mmmm am using Wordpress, by the way.

6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Web design related? Then yes, that will be a problem for CTR, it should be lower than on a non technical site for the exact same ad placement.

I repeat again, but this time for ad relevancy, let adsense do its job. Don't rely on what you see, it's never the same thing others see, especially since you're from Pakistan and your audience is not. You can add the bit of section targeting if you want.. But remember this: let adsense do its job and focus only on your job as a publisher.

7. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, correct. I am totally letting adsense do its job but maybe its not working out good for me. Not sure, I'll continue putting in my efforts though. Thanks. If you have more ideas, i'd love to know. I'll avoid section targeting for the time being and let's see how it works out. Overall, in the last 7 days, the CTR is .31% - not satisfied but let's see...

8. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you see, CTR is really low, to compensate and reach my own minimal goal of $5 RPM you would need to have CPC of $1.6 at least with your .31% CTR.. Not easy I guess in design..

9. iamtheb

iamtheb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice info here,thanks James!

iamtheb, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  10. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. Anyways to get better CPC?

11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I won't tell you to look for highest paying keywords in your topic and produce content about those, if the design niche has an average CPC of X, and you already have 90% of your traffic from US, there's isn't much you can do.
    Changing topic altogether? A better idea, but then you don't need to have a very high CPC. In my case I'm happy with CPC starting at $0.1 but on the other hand I aim for a minimum CTR of 5% by having a non technical audience and a correct ad placement... So my real minimum goal of $5 RPM ($0.1 CPC * 5% CTR) is met without problem.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  12. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    CTR of 5% I guess? That's a smart solution, indeed. For the time being, I'll not be able to give it time till next week but, after that, how much time time do you think it should take to double the traffic or say 1000 visits per day. As I think I'll hardly get 450 visitors today, will do 400 I guess. Just trying to set a goal for me, then achieve it. I know that can work out nice. From 1st March probably, I can start to work out a bit, in fact much more than a bit.

13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know how much time it should take YOU to double the traffic. The traffic of what? A new site on a new topic? Depends on the topic you choose, on your "seo" and writing skills, on the amount of work you put into it (time in itself doesn't mean anything) for a start..
    Not possible to answer this question really. But yes setting yourself some goals is very good, since this online money making stuff is simply a big online video game of strategy where your traffic and earnings are your score. Doesn't matter which strategy you choose to play as long as you meet your goals and have fun playing the game.

14. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    I mean to take the hits from 500 to 1000. Because I think I can't simply start another site and work on that. As it does take sometime to bring it to PR3 naturally and also 400 hits a day. What do you say? I mean to increase whole sites unique hits from 400 to 1000.

15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Once again it depends very much on your skills. I think even in the design topic there is enough audience to feed your site with thousands of visitors daily. But.. depends on your site really :)

I don't know if you have any experience of using Google Insights, but that's what I use when I want to know what is being searched for the most in any particular topic or sub-topic. You should try using that tool and produce content related to those popular searches within your topic.

If you have never used Google Insights before, I wrote a simple method using Google Insights, but it is general, if you read it and get from it only the bits about using the tool to come up with subjects/content for your next pages creations, WITHIN your topic only, you may discover popular keywords which you haven't really discussed before on your site. You will find that what is popular year after year, is probably going to be still popular next year, so play with the DATE PERIOD :)
    So, if you want to read this method and get out of it only the bit about using Google Insights in your topic, you can do so in this thread:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2294531

16. GAdsense

GAdsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mmmhmmm sounds good. Yes, I've heard of Trends and Insights. I use adwords for ideas, just my style :) I think i should use that, will do. Definitely. Somehow, the name, brand is so that I am sticking on reviews. Not much traffic there I feel, as I've seen so far. But I'll definitely do something to get this to 600+ visits in March. Let's see.

17. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Using Adwords keyword tool is not so good in my opinion because it is based on advertizers competition for guessing the highest CPC.
    But what is important for adsense (for my own easygoing strategy of playing this game) is lot of traffic, from western, non technical audience. The CPC doesn't matter as long as it is above $0.1 which is pretty low anyway. It is compensated by higher CTR and most importantly possibly much more traffic, since non technical people are more numerous than technical people, so the cake is bigger and I'm just one guy, not a big company, I don't need that much a piece of the cake to support my living.

crazy4warez and sumdor like this.
  18. sumdor

sumdor Member

Best Answers:
    @JamesColin, Thanks for these helpful tips. I'm still learning. You deserve a thumps up and here it is.

sumdor, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  19. basyoz

basyoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice info here,thanks

basyoz, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  20. sadeeqbao

sadeeqbao Peon

Best Answers:
    Using SEO.

sadeeqbao, Feb 22, 2012 IP