1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a tool

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by hurricane_sh, Aug 9, 2004.

Is there a software which can do the following simple tasks.

After I build a link, I input the page(call it host page) and the page it links to(call it dest page) into the software, then tell the software to check the following items at any time:
    1. If the link still exists.
    2. If the new version of the host page is cached by Google.
    3. It's better to get the PR value of the host page and anchor text automatically, but not necessary.
    4. Check the links according to building date, by this way, does't have to check all links just for several pages.

If a webmaster manages several websites and build hundreds of links, this kind of software will be very convenient, one mouse click can check all links and get detailed infomation of each link.

I don't want the software to do some tasks like : search link parters, send link request email, etc. I prefer doing that by hand.

Thanks!

P.S. I use NotePad to do this at the moment, it's ok at the beginning, but start hating it after 30 links, if there are no this kind of tool, I will make a simple one for my own use.

hurricane_sh, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you want a reciprocal link manager, such as Link Swapper, Easy Link Exchange, or LinksManager.

Those are the only three which I (currently) know of. The first is free, the second two are commercial software.

I'd love to hear recommendations from other posters. :)

Will.Spencer, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  3. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Will, thanks for the recommendation, I'm afraid that they are not what I want.
    "reciprocal link manager" is a script, didn't check how it works, but I want a software, software should be more flexible.
    "LinksManager" is for publishing my own links page.
    "Easy Link Exchange" : can't find it with Google.

I want to check the pages which link to my websites.
    For example (this is a bad example, let's ignore the moral part in this post).
    I made a comment on a blog, I want to check it later.

hurricane_sh, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  4. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer: Reciprocal links manager tool, what about Arelis from "http://www.axandra.com" . They have a 30 day demo that lets you add 100 sites to the database. You search on your choice of search engine for the keywords you are targeting and it imports the sites into its database and gets the contact info. It lets you view the site in the the lower pane and delete it or keep it. Then you can send them a form letter or taylor make it and then it will send those emails off. Then it will build you partner page with your catagories and create catagory files. It take one of your blank web pages and replaces ##LINKS## in that page with the links. It then checks you reciprocal links automatically to see if they are still up. It quite a nice package.

bobmutch

bobmutch, Aug 15, 2004 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Hurricane,

check out our Reciprocal Link Manager. We just completely revised the system over the past couple of weeks and released it this weekend. I believe it will do everything you wanted in your post, with the exception of checking them according to build date. There are ways to set the system to check your reciprocal links on a weekly or monthly schedule.

The tool is web based and free...and always will be.

Take a look at it, and let me know what you think.

chachi, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  6. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    Hi Jason,
    I tried your program, very nice, especially the report page, I have some suggestions though.
    1. I'm not sure it's really checked or have to wait for the schedule, only PR and site fields are displayed, links and cache are blank.
    2. If several link pages belong to the same domain, it would be better to organize them by domain. This may be because your program is primarily for reciprocal link buiding, and I just want to track links.
    3. I want to input several urls to store in the db, then I can select the url when I add a page. This would be very useful for webmasters who have more than one websites. It could be very difficult to change, only for your future consideration.
    4. Sometimes link building could be a little nas t y, did you consider something about it? for example, it could get problem when a webmaster notices many referrals from your website, that's why I want to use a offline tool.

Overall, that's a pretty nice program.

hurricane_sh, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  7. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Hurricane,

Thanks for checking it out. Depending on the server load and system load, the reports will not run immediately. Especially if you import a couple hundred links. But, they should update within 10 minutes or so.

2. This is found in the Add Report page. Once you have entered a url, it will give you that url in a drop down box the next time you load that page. The system was designed for reciprocal link checking as well as link verification (FYI, we will be releasing a "PR Watch" feature today or tomorrow, that will notify you via email when the PR of a specified page changes).

3. I believe this is available on the Add Reports page as well. Hard to understand exactly what you are asking here. But, in addition to being able to select url's that you would like to check links on, you can select domains (via drop down box) that you would like to check for links to.

4. Yes, we have considered it. We have been running this tool for a couple of months and have not had one person contact us about something like this. But, more than that, the system has safeguards in place to help prevent abuse from ever becoming an issue.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Let me know.

chachi, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  8. hurricane_sh

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification, It seems it has all the features I wanted :)

hurricane_sh, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  9. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Thought I would update this thread a bit as we have made some updates to the ClickSentry Link Manager. You can read about the current release here. But, the short of it is that we have included checking for the rel=nofollow on all links in your account. Plus, it will now let you know the IP address of the machine your links come from and will notify you if there is more than one link that resides on the same IP.

chachi, Feb 8, 2005 IP