1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a software to sell small softs

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mark60, Oct 30, 2014.

Hi Guys! I need a software to sell small softs. The software should also provide a possibility to keep information about customers who purchase my software and correspond with them. And I could have access to the information about my customers at any time. Please advise me what kind of software I should look for.

Mark60, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Easiest way to deal with this and have something really nice is wordpress + woo commerce.

Easy stuff
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  3. Mark60

Mark60 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your help, Nigel. Is it safe to use wordpress for such things? I mean there will be sale information and users’ info. I’ve also read about woo commerce. As I understand, it is like an online shop. What can you say about their tech support? And how to correspond with customers if I will use woo commerce?

Mark60, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its just a wordpress plugin. Its exactly what you need. Its really quite simple to deal with. The support is typically community based.

You will have no issues corresponding with folk either. Everything works out of the box basically. You just have to configure it.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  5. RepricerExpress

RepricerExpress Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup, Wordpress and Woo Commerce are great and sound like they would meet your needs.

RepricerExpress, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  6. Mark60

Mark60 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’ve installed the Wordpress plugin and tested it. I just can’t figure out how to provide technical support to those who will buy.. I mean how to correspond with them. Where I can find clients’ history?

Mark60, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  7. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Mark, Nice to meet you.
    As your query its seems you are just starting the new business now, right? So i have some suggestions related to you business.
    But i need some details before suggesting you, can you please detail me with some basic information like what kind of features do you need, etc., I hope that i can help you success in your business.

Have a nice day!

ChristyMathew, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  8. JimABlackmore

JimABlackmore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WooCommerce is better option for you to start your business.
    It provides lots of plugins for ease of work and don't need many customization that's why it is easy to use it is only second in number of downloads after the WP e-Commerce(paid) plugin.

JimABlackmore, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  9. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Instead of going with CMS, it's better to develop a custom based website, which will be more flexible for changes also will fulfill your requirement.

aceriker, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  10. Axumata

Axumata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Mark,
    If Wordpress will be your choice, you could estabilish a full blown customer support system with AppThemes' Quality Control.
    I've had rather satisfying developer experience with their Classipress theme last year, and now I plan to start my own classifieds site with Classipress+Vantage. They have well-commented and clean code, a pleasure to work with.
    However, WP sites often become a subject to mass exploitation. You can't be 100% sure about the security of your customers' sensitive data on any CMS, but you can implement custom workarounds to make it less likely to leak. For example, you may store sensitive data in two different tables with different access privileges, then make your main table contain only partial data (for example, Name: A**** H****r) and then use some admin panel function to temporarily grant you access to the full data when you need it. That would make your sensitive data very hard to reach.

Axumata, Dec 23, 2014 IP
  11. CharlesDeshields

CharlesDeshields Peon

Best Answers:
    There are having number of operators which is provided for various purposes like for shopping, purchasing the things etc. Software make the work done very easily and fast. You can use the softwares like majestic, medical fire, droplr etc. By using the software you will get the detailed information of person who is purchasing the products from that software. Wordpress is also good for you.

CharlesDeshields, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  12. JimABlackmore

JimABlackmore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are having some softwares in the market which are having the complete sales and marketing software for small business. by using this softwares you have to work less and run the business efficiently, we can take more vacations, and spend our valuable time with family.

JimABlackmore, Jan 7, 2015 IP
  13. Mark60

Mark60 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’ve read a bunch of articles concerning wordpress security. This soft does not provide reliable security.
    More information about features that I need: it should be like an online shop + customers database + correspondence with customers should be available + the ability to search in the correspondence.
    Please, give a link to this software.

Mark60, Jan 20, 2015 IP