1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a script like hi5 site (Social Networking Site)

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by nvidura, Jul 9, 2006.

Helllo guys!

Can anyone of you suggest me where can i get a free script like hi5.com either in asp or php ?

plz dont suggest hotscripts.com or to do a google search because both gave me no quality result

thanks in advance

nvidura, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  2. envoy

envoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    try this... it is free, seems to be something like hi5. The demo for the script is here

envoy, Jul 12, 2006 IP
    jazzylee77 likes this.
  3. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks pretty awesome envoy. I think I'll try an install tonight. I notice it is based on AEdating which was purchased by boonex. When I was looking at dating scripts I think I almost remember AEdating was one of the pricey ones. I'll try to find a support community and see what the buzz is before I jump in.

jazzylee77, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  4. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, here is the catch.

It's $50 to be a premium member. but free with links copyright and banners intact
    I expect a copyright and bottom link....not sure about banners.
    Still checking it out

jazzylee77, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  5. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    I`ll try it too, thanks ;)

sandossu, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  6. wazimm

wazimm Peon

Best Answers:
    i'll try it to. I REALLY THINK there's a big catch to this

wazimm, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  7. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cool script. thanks.

nvidura, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  8. ebonyleg

ebonyleg Member

Best Answers:
    Boonex group say that some of their software is free. That is a Big lie. It is a Scam. It is free to get and download their Dolphin community and Baraccuda software. But not free to use it. Believe me!!. Even if you get and install them, you will literally be unable to use it unless you pay the $50 dolars a month Premium membership or the $40 a month upfront membership It turns out to be around $600 a year. What they have done is that they (boonex) have many features to include boonex controlled banner advertising, copy right and logo control and other dynamic generic function alteration that they are able to controll your website directly from their servers.

If you persist and use their software for free very soon some functionality on your website will start acting up and Guess what...when you try to fix it. It tells you a fix is there but you must purchase their Premuim membership. You will have wasted your time installing their software and at the same time you will have provided to them free advertisment since all your users will get to know that you have not paid for the software. They should have put it straight Forward on their download page at the beginning that premium membership at the end will be required for you to use it. Since i operated a Free non profit Community portal, I was so excited when I came across the boonex dolphin software which appeared well wriiten and faster and seemed to be free. I had a feeling there was a catch somewhere...but refused to pay heed. So I lliterally removed my much slower-free PC Nuke Max community portal software to install the boonex Dolphin community software. Was I ever upset at the end. Because even if the boonex software appears faster in their demos, the Free one is very slow...since every time it has to run a check to ensure that you have not removed their copy right signs. I was very angry and I had to remove their Boonex Dolphin software and start all over re-installing my free former PHP NUke community portal. The funny thing is that boonex does not explain in plain engish in their licencing agreement. They keep throwing the word Free ...free every where. To me that is false advertising. All I tell you that, Software companies like boonex have a catch. I would also guess that eventually if you have paid for their software...they will keeep hitting you with Upgrades that need you to pay more money inspite of that premium membership you have paid. They basicly get you hooked. That means that if in the first year your premium membership expires. Then what are you going to do in the next year...especially when they have a dynamic ability to alter your website. My advice to you out there is never purchase any software that requires continued membership. They will be milking you for what you are worth. On the other hand we must also appreciate efforts made by certain programmers like the ones at boonex. However Upfront Honesty tells a lot about a software company. My advice is Stay away from the Boonex Free software...nothing is free

Ebony Leg

ebonyleg, Aug 29, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  9. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    My install has quietly sat in a forgotten folder with no links pointing to it. I see no changes. I understand the banner, links, etc are there in the free version and can be changed. But what are the "dynamic generic function alterations?" What did you see changed about your site?

jazzylee77, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  10. nvidura

Best Answers:
    Yes finally I agree with you. Couple of days ago I installed this script. Maybe the developer doesn’t know what professional conduct is or maybe have a million dolor idea. I'm looking for some other script. May be or something like phpmyspace ot phpfox.

nvidura, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. nvidura

Best Answers:
    i bought phpfox.. thanks

nvidura, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  12. krischak

krischak Peon

Best Answers:
    ebonyleg

YOU ROCK!

you saved me lots of time.

thank you

:)

krischak, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  13. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    eboyleg just posted one thing? and that was to talk shit about a company?
    Is phpfox any good?

TheSyndicate, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  14. koolasia

koolasia Banned

Best Answers:
    phpfox is the best i think

koolasia, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  15. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Alicia. It's in beta at the moment but is free and far better than Boonex or the other free ones available in the market today. Here is the link: http://alicia.phpizabi.net/ and you can see a demo here.

Endurer, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  16. nvidura

Best Answers:
    Alicia is god but how can i download it. i can't see any download page.

nvidura, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  17. ivnj

ivnj Banned

Best Answers:
    I installed Dolphin. There was no charge. It works fine.

PHPizabi on theo other hand has a few bugs and won't install.

Thanks,
    ivnj

ivnj, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  18. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i bought eedating now but thats not really the same as hi5 but it works great.
    Support is a bit slow sounds move like a one man company

TheSyndicate, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  19. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Endurer, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  20. nvidura

Best Answers:
    ok. thanks..........

nvidura, Feb 4, 2007 IP