1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a quick review of my client website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Jackie2006, Dec 16, 2019.

Thank you members for reading my post. Please visit my website - https://myexcelclass.com/ and drop your feedback.

It's a quite old website with huge training DB. It offers wide range of free online basic courses on Catia, Solid Works, Graphics, and Autocad.

Thanks in advance,
    Jackie

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Jackie2006, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  2. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nshep, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  3. TagYourLeads

TagYourLeads Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    first you need to improve your site speed and make on page optimization)

TagYourLeads, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  4. Jackie2006

Jackie2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks nshep and TagYourLeads for your feedbacks. I will definitely take care it.

Jackie2006, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It took something like 6 seconds to load up. You may want to undo some of the plugins that slow the site down.

qwikad.com, Dec 16, 2019 IP
    Jackie2006 likes this.
  6. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think the copy on the popup can be improved. "Sign up for Exclusive offer and new course content update and receive free course". The popup loads immediately before I had time to view the site. So I don't know what sort of free courses you'd send.

Overall is good, but I'd remove the top About Us section. There you can put a headline or something that conveys to the visitors what benefit they'll get from the site! From that section they should understand what they'll get from this site.

They don't care about the company. First they care about themselves. :)

Those 2 things I'd changed and will be quite ok.

jacksarlo, Dec 18, 2019 IP
  7. kumar_raj

kumar_raj Active Member

Best Answers:
    In General, the content of the website matters a lot, and if you got the right and abundant audience for your content than other things come later, but yes content should be presented clean and tidy...
    Here is my review for your website -
    1. The site lacks completeness, it looks that it's built very fast with lack of intent.
    2. Not Clean, Not Tidy
    3. Color choice is not good.
    4. Mobile Version is also not good.
    5. Mentioned by others above, Page speed is not good.
    Suggestion - Please improvise the site from all the angles.

Thanks & Regards
    Raj Kumar

kumar_raj, Jan 11, 2020 IP
  8. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know that asking people to review your work can return some brutal criticism. That's the way it is for all of us. The fact that you're requesting a review of your web site shows that you know enough about what you're doing to subject your work to be reviewed by a focus group.

The domain name you decided upon is decent in the fact that its meaning accurately conveys what your business does. When it comes to domain names, you want short, simple, easy to read terms. With exception in some rare cases, it's best to use no adjectives. You want to be specific enough about what your site is/does, but not too specific in that your branding strategy constricts the ability of your business to grow.

In regard to domain names, I'd recommend that you acquire names in addition to the current web address that you've already chosen. If you can acquire domain names such as "myAutocadClass.com", and "mySolidWorksClass.com" and direct those URLS to a specific page on the site that focuses specifically on those topics, it will be of help. This will increase your exposure to not only people who are looking for Excel courses, but for others who may not be aware that you offer courses in addition to Excel. If I'm looking to take courses in Autocad, the likelihood that I will follow a link to Excel classes in order to find a course on Autocad is miniscule. Be sure to research how search engines manage duplicate content too, and keep that in mind when utilizing multiple domains, it's important to be up-to-date on how to go about implementing this.

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10. Upon initially viewing the site, I feel as though something needs to be added and immediately grabs a user's attention, and interest. While the appearance is clean and simple, I would highly recommend placing visual content (much like the images located at the bottom of the page) into the area that the user views when the page first loads.

The logo is decent, but given the plain appearance of the page, it may be a good idea to add just a very slight and soft drop-shadow to the logo in addition to adding a very small black border around the letters of the logo to further enhance the logo's ability to stand out. When adding these adjustments, be sure that they're subtle in appearance. Avoid going overboard with it. You want to convey trust, and authority, as well as legitimacy in this case.

When it comes to the initial call-to-action on the opening page, experiment with different words that will better capture the user's interest in a manner that will appeal to their emotions and needs. Appeal to their ego, or point-out that these courses will empower prospective students to acquire skills quickly that will increase their income. You may want to add a sense of urgency by offering a significant discount for the use of a PROMO code that expires in a short period of time.

I would recommend utilizing a call-to-action that doesn't necessarily lead the user to sign up for a course, but to "recieve an information packet" that will be delivered by mail as an attractive, and informative brochure. It's easy for users to request free information via mail, but getting them to sign up for a course on an initial visit isn't a cost effective way to acquire new students. You need to establish some sort of relationship with the prospective student. An information packet sent through the mail is a great way to keep in touch with prospective students over a period of time.

As far as the technical side of things, I haven't time to critique that, but the subjects I touched upon are the most important aspects for creating a site that has a quality ROI, IMO.

scu8a, Jan 18, 2020 IP
  9. masthan_8

masthan_8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Header:
    There is a gap between the header and the first row. You should consider removing that gap.
    Can make the header even more good looking, try to add social media links, aling the logo horizontally.

First Row:
    Can make the about us part with a nice transparent bg - it will look good

Rest of the rows are fine and consider adding the footer with useful links, a sitemap link, address, etc.

All the best.

masthan_8, Jan 31, 2020 IP
  10. kerlly Butler

kerlly Butler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Improve the website speed.

kerlly Butler, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  11. Redmond G

Redmond G Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a demo log-in?

Redmond G, Mar 9, 2020 IP
  12. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The website loading spee is terrible here. Have you considered using CDN service for it?

komrad, Mar 9, 2020 IP
  13. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    When I opened the website, I was redirected to a login page. As I can see, there is no way to investigate this website without registration. This is a drawback. Not many users are ready to create a new account just to browse some websites.

Andrii Ozemko, Mar 9, 2020 IP
  14. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    It's slow, rendering takes some time. Despite this I guess the content you're providing is good, a mix between free courses and paid ones will assure to serve many people. Best of luck!

Ayoub benali01, Jul 26, 2020 IP
  15. Content Don

Content Don Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i appreciate your feedback, Good zealing.

Content Don, Mar 24, 2021 IP