1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a Directory RSS capable and can Aggregate data

Discussion in 'Directories' started by geeknews, Mar 19, 2005.

I want to build a directory/search engine that actually reads RSS feeds of the sites in the directory and index that information.

So for example I lets say I add my Site

Geek News Central www.geeknewscentral to the directory. Then when that link is clicked the actual listing and info of the site would be the RSS http://www.geeknewscentral.com/index.xml feed of the site. I want to be able to run a cron job or something similar to crawl the sites I add to the directory at a preset interval.

I also want the directory to be Enclosure aware. Then i want the whole thing to be able to be searched. This would be a pretty powerful combination and I have not found anything like this.

Ideas comments

geeknews, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  2. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    davedx, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  3. geeknews

geeknews Peon

Best Answers:
    Sadly that parser is only RSS 1.0 compliant and it will have to be RSS 2.0 with enclosure capability. I am probably dreaming thinking I can find something that is pre-built. With so many sites like bloglines etc it is too bad that something hasnt been produced for those of use wanting to build a mini directory..

Todd..

geeknews, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  4. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but its something that caught my attention, to give a shot in the future.

RSSstatic- takes the RSS feed, converts it to a static HTML page and archives it. Its free.

The url is:

http://www.rsstatic.com/

carowan, Mar 21, 2005 IP