1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need 10 product descriptions 50 - 100 words each.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Matthew Sayle, Sep 15, 2015.

I am going to be adding some private label products to Amazon.

Looking for a high quality writer to create product descriptions for each product.

I have 10 so far, but will be adding several more in the near future.

I don't normally do rush jobs, but the faster you can deliver this the better :)

Matthew Sayle, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I haven't found someone with a writing style that I like yet.

Please keep applying!

To those that have already applied, thanks anyway :)

Matthew Sayle, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  3. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Be advised that this guy tends to be a bit of a time waster - confirming projects and making plans to send payments, neither of which ever transpire.

He did it to me on another project and I know of at least one other person who had the same experience with him.

But, hey! If you like being strung along, by all means - keep applying!

Senobia, Sep 16, 2015 IP
    bogartkick likes this.
  4. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I have spent tons of money on this forum.

You tend to like to dictate how things are going to work and that doesn't work for me.

Also, did I ingore any messages from you? No, I don't think so.

We mutually stopped speaking with each other.

5. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe you have a point Senobia. Thanks for sharing your previous experience with him to let the people aware.

bogartkick, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  6. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Let the people aware?

lol, yeah it's me - not you.

Trust me :D :D :D

7. kvela

kvela Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You pretty much don't need someone with great and perfect writing skills to sell on amazon, as long as you have items that have good description and are readable to others, you'll be fine.

kvela, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    So I don't need to hire someone to write a good product description as long as I have a good product description?

9. kvela

kvela Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Mmmm, yea, pretty much. What are your products? or what is that you want to sell?

kvela, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  10. Sovy

Sovy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think I can do the job well enough though I'll request you to share some details about the said products itself.

thanks

Sovy, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  11. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I understand your point. But what I mean about that is to let these people aware about Senobia's previous experience with you Matthew. I am one of those people you ignored, and I have no problem and I respect that. If only she mentioned that she has great experience in working with you Matthew, then you may expect more than what you have now.

bogartkick, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I have attached your PM to me.

First let's talk about your title, in order to hire you for writing product descriptions - you need the unique ability to make someone want to keep reading.

Senobia did this well, hers was "Pick me! Pick me!" - I was immediately interested in what she had to say, before I even opened it.

Or another example, "If you want your Amazon products to sell, you need to open this".

Here is yours, "About 10 product descriptions task". One word for this = BORING!

However, I still want to give everyone a fair shake - so I opened it.

I found several typos and the overall style of your writing didn't impress me very much.

See here:

[​IMG]

Also, I have circled the area where it says to ignore you if I recently hired someone and completed the job.

I didn't hire anyone yet, however you don't have a chance so why waste my time?

It would be a constant back and forth of you trying to convince me that even though you write like a 4th grader, I should still put my SEO in your hands. Trust me, I have been through this dozens of times.

Each time I hire for a new project, I receive dozens and dozens of applicants. Out of those applicants are very few writers like @Senobia or @pianogirl that ACTUALLY have a skill at writing.

Then, the other 95% is filled with writers who are hanging on to the English language by a thread, barely able to complete a full sentence.

Now, let me ask you - would you spend your time with the 5% or the 95%?

Matthew Sayle, Sep 17, 2015 IP
    pianogirl likes this.
  13. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually, that's not exactly how it happened......

[​IMG]
    But whatever.

I just wanted to clear things up, since you seem to be confused about what actually transpired during our exchange.

You're welcome.

Senobia, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Maybe I haven't had a chance yet?

A follow up PM from you would have been nice - Instead of blasting me on an unrelated thread.

I only have 2 hours per day to get a lot of work done.

You're cutting into my relaxation time.

I also asked you to send me a payment link - do you think I have time for emails and invoices? What a pain in the butt.

15. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would have expected you to at least appreciate my compliment to you in the first place, but in the end you do not have the heart to do it. Plus, why you are trying to make my PM to you go live in public? Now that's disrespecting my privacy. Worse of all, you are trying to discriminate the 95% who aren't good enough in English (just like discrimanting blacks, fat people, gays, lesbians, etc.). Here is another worse part, you have pride in yourself.

Sorry Matt, but I need to waste one more time to hopefully open your mind and check your heart. Let me tell you something Matt. Are you really a perfect guy? If yes, I hope the church will canonize you. But no! You are just like all of us, who makes mistakes everyday of our lives.

You think all people who are successful must be perfect in English? Hell no! I have mentors and coaches I personally know who suck in English more than me, much worse than a fourth grader, but they're still earning millions every month in their international businesses and I'm following them. Just like Jack Ma for example, the owner of Alibaba. He was rejected at Harvard University almost 10 times because he sucks in English, and he was discouraged by his family and laughed by his friends. But in the end, he is one of the richest men in the world even if his English sucks.

Have I offended you by those kind words I sent you via PM? Is it wrong for me to say you are getting better and better in your business? Tell me Matt! Right now, you are not who you are. The Matthew I know now is not the real one, it was yet to come out within you. You have a cold heart, but I know the good and humble side within you is still there waiting to be unleashed.

Here's my bombshell to you. Most people who are perfect in English are receiving paychecks from their employers who suck at English. Most people who graduated with a degree are employed from a company owned by dropouts.

I am proud that my English sucks Matt. I really do. 4th grade type of English, I don't mind about it. I just mind the heart of helping people in their projects no matter if I suck at English, or how many mistakes do I commit. The worst mistake you'll ever commit is to continuously fear in making another one. No one is perfect Matt, only God is.

This is all I have to say Matt. I am not trying to pick up a fight here, but I am attempting to open your mind at least, but the decision is still yours. I wish you the best of luck in your business and I hope the candidates you hired are gonna do well with you in the long term. Cheers and God bless! :)

bogartkick, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  16. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @bogartkick, I do hate getting involved in arguments here but I feel that you really need educating on the meaning of the word 'discrimination'.

Just because Matthew won't choose the 95% who can't write properly does not mean he is discriminating against them. He's not choosing them for the simple reason that they can't do the job properly - not because they are gay or black or Jewish. If somebody didn't hire me to write for them in French, it wouldn't be because they're discriminating against me. It would be because my French is terrible.

Secondly, I've worked with Matthew before, and I didn't find him to be a time-waster at all. I'm not taking sides here - I just feel that I should let people know. He paid upfront more than the cost of the job, and was one of the friendliest people I've worked with from this forum.

Not everybody is online for 23 hours a day. I've messaged people on here many times and never received a reply. Sometimes I'm not the right one - my rates are too high or they've found someone already. But guess what? I don't go off on a rant. I move along and grow the hell up.

pianogirl, Sep 17, 2015 IP
    wco, mmerlinn, malky66 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    See what you started @Senobia?

This is what I deal with on a daily basis!

@bogartkick I am hiring a content writer. Of COURSE you would need to speak perfect English.

Would you want your doctor to not be perfect at his practice?

What if your doctor was "proud of his 4th grade medical education"?

You are starting to make my head hurt :(

wco, mmerlinn and pianogirl like this.
  18. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe you haven't, that's true. But I mean in a span of SIXTEEN DAYS with various forum postings here on DP, I reckon you could have squeezed in a syllable or two if you wanted to.

Oh, I did, see? Right before the exchange I posted above.

[​IMG]
    image hosting

Uhm, a Paypal invoice is a "payment link". You click on it. You pay it. The end. You know, the thing I offered to send you, but you stopped replying after I asked you where to send it to? Refer to the conversation I posted if you have forgotten. I mean it HAS been SIXTEEN DAYS since that happened, so yes - it may have totally slipped your mind.

Senobia, Sep 17, 2015 IP
    bogartkick likes this.
  19. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Is this the way you treat people you want to work for?

I don't email you back ONE TIME and you literally destroy me on a public forum?

Jeez, simmer down Betsy.

20. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not talking about wasting time in that he never replied to my PM. That happens all the time. What he DID do was confirm the project, give the go ahead and then fall silent when it came time to pay and get things going. That, friend - is a far cry from sooking about someone simply not responding to a PM because you don't have the right...whatever...for the job.

Senobia, Sep 17, 2015 IP
    bogartkick likes this.