1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Neat stunt... Five (5) SEO Excuses

Discussion in 'SEO' started by rjonesx, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to learn here but tricks....and tricks are for kids.

The use of subdomains it is a well used tactic and once Google sees it for what it is it will go bye bye

That people here are amazed by it only indicates the amount of newbies here..

as for links to it...hey if your foolish enough to dilute your site, linking to bullshit ..then who am I to say don't???

It can barely permeate the brains of most people here that it is rubbish PR and no way in hell I would make an arguement to NOT link to it.

as for not critiquing ...it is a public forum and as such they and others here have the right to say what great stuff it is and I have the right to say

What shit it is...
    Peace

Sem-Advance, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand you opinions on this, but what is with the attitude?

Realizing that it is only a gimmick and actually show only a small amount of SEO techniques, which applied to a obscure KWP is easy to pull off such a stunt, but the idea was unique AND I think they may pull off something with it. Marketing technique usually have very little usefulness besides attracting attention for sales, but that is what marketing is designed to do - bring sales.

You almost sound jealous of these guys or something...

debunked, Aug 24, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  3. wheel

wheel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hit the free seo link in the guy's sig and it becomes a little clearer what the problem is.

wheel, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  4. air

air Active Member

Best Answers:
    n m

air, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Ohh ok is that it ??? LOL uh huh... ok

To debunked

You sound almost sound jealous of these guys or something...

Nah...just tired of flakes fruitcakes and scammers who destroy websites with their crap SEO tactics,,,, and having the webmasters whose sites they destroyed bring them to me to fix.

Then the bigger problem is the webmasters who do not tell you some shiteseoscammer destroyed any chance their site had of ranking anytime soon.

Not jealous though, not now, not ever.....

lifes too sweet to be jealous of anyone else :D especially when I have business coming out the ears.... without any help from Google .

Sem-Advance, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  6. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    How is this guy a scammer?? What is he scaming.. I see nothing.
    And ofcourse whatever he is using, isnt just a crap technique..

You should be happy then, these scammers, flake fruitcakes making you get the business...

The Webmaster, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How in the world did they do that???

ablaye, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  8. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Read up the thread some more, the owner explains it in detail.

johnweb, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  9. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    LaCabra, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  10. publicidadpixelada

publicidadpixelada Peon

Best Answers:
    FIVE SEO EXCURES - It's a nice stunt, even though ranking in Google for that key phrase is pretty easy - since there is no real competition. But ranking in that specific order to achieve something like that is pretty impressive, any clues? Maybe they did pretty similar pages, but the first one has the highest keyword density, and the other pages decreased its keyword density gradually. I will dig furthermore in this, I'm curious! Haha

publicidadpixelada, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  11. fatinfo guy

fatinfo guy Peon

Best Answers:
    That's some nice trick to take up 5 spots on the search results with the same domain. Surprisingly the supplemental index didn't kick in. Anyone figure out how to do the trick yet?

fatinfo guy, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  12. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    From the look of your 'SEO Expert Tips' page it seems your the newbie with "lots" more to learn which would include marketing and link baiting.

Want some newbie advice on your SEO Expert site :rolleyes:

1 - You do know that this statement is against the Adsense TOS? I would hurry to change that before some "newbie" here reports it to google with a screenshot...hint ;) For those interested the links on the left of the content is Adsense.

2 - Use spell check, your typos make your site look very unprofessional.

3 - H2 tags - I am guessing you either love them or dont know what comes after 2.

4 - Advising people to use sites like Traffic Swarm is not SEO - its a cheap and nasty way out of getting visitors (I like the affiliate links).

5 - Nah I give up giving you advice from this point, after all YOU are the SEO expert and we are all newbies.

I am also thinking you are jealous. You lost trying to figure out how these guys got SEO to work for them?

As for Matt Cutts blog you may think its crap but I am betting you wouldnt mind having your 'free SEO advice' site on his PR7 page :rolleyes:

If you have no idea on how to read between the lines on Matts posts then....

cormac, Aug 25, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Again you can 'think' all you want that I am new but it is a pipedream you are living in.

The rest of the BS you spouted in ther middle of your post I didnt write that quote.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion which destroys peoples lives... I do not subscribe to such and find nobody to be jealous of.....nice try

I do have my main site mentioned on Matt Cutts blog in fact there is even a couple links to it from his blog.

I read Matt very well...not hard to understand a corporate mouthpiece and the puppet strings that hold him back....

Thank you for your response ...however wrong it may be...........

Sem-Advance, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  14. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    What statement??? You are such an ass you know nothing....I just bought the site and have not had a chance to clean it up lol you are a fool running your mouth without all the facts.....

And go report all you would like lol..I should red you for a threat like that.... but from the looks of things you need more help than I can offer.

I will write my Google Adsense Rep and be sure to let her know you will be a rat and report me.......

Ohhh and just so you are not tooooooo happy thinking you're making me cry...I owned toolsforadsense.com which trampled all over Googles domain, brand, and trademark....on top of that I ran adsense ads on the site..:cool:

This was allowed to run for four (4) months and then Google sent me a letter saying to stop running the site, and they were no longer going to serve ads on that site.....

They did not delete my Google Adsense account.

They did not stop serving ads to my other 35+ sites.

So please make some more stupid statements and threats,,,,and like a nice little rat go report me. B_ T_H:rolleyes:

Cead Mile Falte

15. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    NetMidWest, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  16. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
  17. seoengineer

seoengineer Peon

Best Answers:
    pretty good one :) five seo excuses. LOL

seoengineer, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  18. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    It wasn't amazing but it was a very nice stunt, not because it was difficult to achieve but because it was an original idea that resulted in.
    1. Links
    2. Traffic
    3. Brand recognition
    4. Possibly a few clients
    just by creating a couple of subdomains and pointing links to them from just one site which means a ++++++++ROI

So yes someone could call it amazing, not because of the execution but because of the idea.

dkessaris, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  19. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Ok let me say this.....the idea and execution were well done I agree with you and that I do not argue......

The ploy however to supposedly impress clients is a claim without merit and certainly any client who fell for such methodology would be uniformed as to the true merit of the listings..

Also as with most things in Google.....there is an immediate upswing with a equal chopping down of unnatural issues.

Someone asked will Google allow this type of thing to continue...my thoughts are they will for a while... but then will go back to degrading sub domains value....

The other issue then becomes when people 'game' the system it makes it 50 times harder for those trying to do things the right way....

To make glory or praise of ploys such as this steers people in the wrong direction and gives them false hopes..

I feel it is better to be straight up and say to others don't waste your time, than to sit and say how wonderful something is.. that really is not all that wonderful.

Others may want to sit here and blow smoke up others arses and that is fine but know too there are those of us who will disagree at times...

Thats why M & Ms come in plain and with nuts.......nobody is forced to agree on a topic or choice....

20. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:

I am not a SEO and the only SEO that I do is for my own sites so I wouldn't really know. However, my guess is that owners of small companies, like candle stores, caterings etc that decide to establish an Internet presence and look for a SEM company to promote their sites understand very little or nothing about what SEO is and how SEs work (what is difficult, what is impossible, what is achievable etc). So I wouldn't be surprised if a stunt like that would double their clientele (is that the right word?).

dkessaris, Aug 25, 2006 IP