1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Natural anchor text profiles [case study]

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by baldonius, Jan 21, 2014.

Did a little video looking at the anchor text profiles of two websites with enormous authority in Google, while generally making a fool out of myself.

I find it interesting to look at the anchor text profiles of big websites, and a couple of things always stand out. Mainly the dominance of the site URL and brand name, and the amount of variation in the terms used.

It actually took a lot of bravery to start recording my own voice, and a little bit more to post my video here! So I just want to share some of my SEO methods and stuff I've learned over the last year.

baldonius, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  2. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this video. Taking the first step is never as bad as it seems after doing it. Keep making these videos!

Those were good examples of domains to look at that will have a natural link profile. However I do urge for you to find domains that are ranking well for competitive keywords in niches unlike the ones you posted. That's where the real bread and butter is. Identifying natural profiles for sites that rank well for keywords without any apparent off-site SEO strategy.

Either way a great video and a topi cthat should be analyzed further.

FranksToys, Jan 21, 2014 IP