1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying NATIVE English writer needed

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by MarketerINC, Sep 27, 2016.

Hi,

I'm looking for a native English writer who has a good experience in writing about smartphone, gadgets, accessories and latest tech updates.

If you qualify with above requirements, send me a PM with your past posted/non-posted samples on the topics I mentioned above. Also, mention your prices and turnaround time.

If you're good enough, this might turn into a long term deal.

DO NOT spam with copy-paste PM template.

Thanks!

MarketerINC, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  2. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You didn't include what you're willing to pay.

Hijynx427, Oct 2, 2016 IP
  3. MarketerINC

MarketerINC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not about how much I'm "willing" to pay. It's about their prices, which I clearly included in the OP.

MarketerINC, Oct 3, 2016 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Contrary to your assertion, you did NOT clearly include prices in the OP.

mmerlinn, Oct 3, 2016 IP
  5. MarketerINC

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have difficulty in reading or something? Read the complete sentence before making a comment. If you have read that bold part, I'm not quite sure why did you not get the part just before it: "It's about their prices". And what I asked and clearly mentioned in the OP is this: "mention your prices". This means they must quote their price, NOT mine.

This is the fall point of DP. When someone posts a hiring post, they either get a bunch of people who spends enough time pointing out the things like this, or supporting each other in a bunch of unnecessary comments. Those who actually want to write, they have contacted me through the PM.

If you want to increase your 'Likes' and post counts, go to the general discussion forum, NOT here. I'm pretty sure you have more productive things to do rather than pointing out things in the job that you clearly don't want to do.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    MarketerINC, Oct 16, 2016 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My point is and was that contrary to your assertion YOU did NOT clearly point out THEIR prices which is exactly what your sentence said. Antecedent agreement is the controlling issue here as you should know, but seem not to know. You obviously cannot determine what is good native English and what is not, so there would be no point in me WASTING my time (nor any other good writer) writing for you.

And, you are correct, I am wasting my time here trying to PROTECT good writers from POOR employers who would not know native English if it slapped them in the face.

Besides, I seriously DOUBT that you can AFFORD my rates. When I work I charge $95 per HOUR for ALL time spent, including time I spend researching the subject, and HALF of the estimated cost must be PAID IN ADVANCE. Based on your post you probably can't even afford $10 per hour and are probably trying to get people to work for even less. Since NO ONE on DP can afford to pay my rates, I have never worked for anyone here and doubtfully ever will.

That said, I will leave and not reply again. No point in wasting more time with someone who is not cognizant of English grammar.

mmerlinn, Oct 16, 2016 IP
  7. MarketerINC

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You charge $95 per hour for a piece of crap content with full of grammatical errors? It's ironic to see a person who doesn't even know where to put a comma in a sentence bragging about being "cognizant" of English grammar.

You act like you know everything. Who are you to "protect" the good writers? Their tutor? Good writers are smart enough protect themself and will know how to deal. You're trying to act like smart, but you aren't.

You bragging about how much you charge and your attitude explains why you're jobless expressing outrage to the random DP posts.

MarketerINC, Oct 16, 2016 IP
  8. wco

wco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know what the deal is here, but I can confidently state there is only one negative-user posting in this thread @mmerlinn, and the other abandoned it after his or her OP. It just seems like petty nitpicking at the OP. By the way, this is absolutely correct English: (OP) "It's not about how much I'm "willing" to pay. It's about their prices, which I clearly included in the OP." @ "Also, mention your prices and turnaround time." <-- Does this level of crystal-clear English somehow not comprehensively resonate with you for any good reason?

@mmerlinn
    You said:
    "My point is and was that contrary to your assertion YOU did NOT clearly point out THEIR prices which are exactly what your sentence said." -- How can the client, offering or proposing for prospective writers to post or PM their prices, "clearly point out" THEIR (that sentence doesn't even make sense in English) prices? "Point out", like, "Hey, check out that price over there only X per 100 words." ? Your response, evaluation, and interpretation of the OP's thread and replies is abysmal at best. If anything, I'd be more focused and concerned on my own English, considering the quality (or lack thereof) of your own English when "trying to prove a point" or (unsuccessfully) troll, flame, or verbally abuse a (one of few) legitimate, and reasonable clients on our forums.

"Antecedent agreement" this term, and the word "antecedent" also does not make sense in the manner in which you've attempted to apply it here, OTHER THAN; the reality that the OP explicitly illustrated the "Antecedent agreement" that he would be willing to entertain price offers or indications via the thread and/or presumably via PM.

You obviously cannot determine what is good native English and what is not, so there would be no point in me WASTING my time (nor any other good writer) writing for you. ---Speak for yourself, no writer here needs your "advocacy" either, but thanks.

And, you are correct, I am wasting my time here trying to PROTECT good writers from POOR employers who would not know native English if it slapped them in the face. -- You didn't do any good in this thread. If anything, you're harming our DP community with your vindictive, aggressive, and half-witted abusive attempts to verbally intimidate and insult the very few legitimate, practical, and consistent clients we have on this website.

Besides, I seriously DOUBT that you can AFFORD my rates. When I work I charge $95 per HOUR for ALL time spent, including the time I spend researching the subject, and HALF of the estimated cost must be PAID IN ADVANCE.
    -- He never said he wouldn't pay in advance. Nonsensical rambling, raving and ranting.

Based on your post you probably can't even afford $10 per hour and are probably trying to get people to work for even less. -- Nope, wrong again. Most content writers on here don't work "by the hour". The ones that do, are typically third world or otherwise non-native English writers, and it's nowhere near that much. I highly doubt any attempted 'logical' mathematical analysis and justification you would present here could somehow adequately illustrate this figure, nor likely your "$95/hour" figure. There are well-paid writers on here, for that or more, but it's not specifically 'by the hour'. It's based on how many articles you complete per X/hours = your profit. It's really not that complicated, but to be honest you somehow seem new here. Maybe you joined and left in 2008, and just came back. I will say, based on your interactions with this client throughout this thread I see you as very foolish and can appreciate a little bit more why it is you likely have not obtained work on this site to-date - or in the past 8 years.

Since NO ONE on DP can afford to pay my rates, I have never worked for anyone here and doubtfully ever will. -- I wouldn't brag about that. And unlike the OP, it would appear then, that you don't really have much of a reputation to uphold, which would explain most of your nonsensical ranting and trolling on this thread. This comment made me cringe. This type of chauvinistic language is a prime example, to anyone who reads this, of behavior that will otherwise drive prospective clients away from you on this site and send you back - or keep you at - your 9-5 job.

That said, I will leave and not reply again. No point in wasting more time with someone who is not cognizant of English grammar. -- Once again, adolescent attempts at insulting the OP.

I have worked for this client for about 4 months. I was not asked to come to this thread, I came across it several times while browsing the BUY/SELL forum, and couldn't help express my disgust and annoyance with your obnoxious behavior, feeble-minded accusations, and asinine nature in attempts to insult another user of our community, without any legitimate purpose. I've got about 11 slides left, and have to proofread my final research paper before I add more clients to my workload, and I hope that the OP here will be one of them again. OP even entertained pay increase requests for additional work oriented tasks and variables. How about you @mmerlinn, what have you done lately to positively impact or contribute to the members of our DP community?

Honestly, @mmerlinn I feel sorry for you. It's obvious you likely have more free time on your hands than you probably would like, considering the amount of time and energy you've spent on this thread. I pity you because you obviously are not getting work on this site, and I sincerely hope moving forward you will consider dramatically adjusting your attitude and the way you interact with our fellow community members and any attempted 'strategy' you apply with hopes of gaining work opportunities here on our site or otherwise (unnecessarily) 'making a statement' in the future, which while we encourage community members to express their opinions and share thoughts, (thread) relevance and (language) appropriateness, along with mutual respect are also key characteristics we expect and demand from one another. Welcome to Content Creation Forums.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    wco, Oct 16, 2016 IP
    MarketerINC likes this.