1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Naming a Tricky Blog

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by TheXon, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Best name please??

Poll closed Mar 13, 2017.
  1. Thoughtblabber.com

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Thoughtchatter.com

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Xonblog.com

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
    Hi All,
    So after much thought and head scratching on doing a blog I have finally arrived at 3 potential contenders for the final blog name.

This would be a collection of utterly random life tips yet I need help!!!
    Why?? In choosing a suitable name I have got a bit stuck! Help!!

Final contenders are 1)thoughtblabber.com or 2)thoughtchatter.com or 3)xonblog.com

While both 1) and 2) are descriptive of the contents,they are a bit long and although 3) is short and easy to look for,it isn't really descriptive.
    And the reason for my turmoil in making a decision and choosing!!

Any thoughts please add?

Thanks

TheXon, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  2. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first two are way too long.

The third is ok. xon doesn't read that well in English, as you don't know how to pronounce it. Also, by adding the word blog into the name you are limiting yourself a bit. From a marketing point of view I would say xon is not ideal because of the difficulty in pronunciation, but it is quite memorable. The best names are short, distinctive and memorable. What will the blog be about?

accel, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  3. TheXon

TheXon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a random collection of fleeting blabber that may provoke,may irritate, or inspire.

TheXon, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  5. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    Thoughtblabber.com i like this one no matter it is long because almost people coming through google search in your site.

David Jones42, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  6. TheXon

TheXon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks

TheXon, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  7. TheXon

TheXon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks qwikpad for the suggestion,zany has a great ring to it but the .com domain name has already been taken.I was advised to get a domain name ending in .com as that seems to have the maximal recall quality and is familiar to most web users even silver surfers.
    My primary target group unlike most bloggers is not the young and fresh and inexperienced although this may well be the glamorous end of the blog spectrum.
    This blog is more directed to those who have lived a bit,learnt a bit from life's lessons and willing to don new perspectives and engage with more ideas .
    Silver surfers generally tend to be subconsciously wary of very young sounding or words that have a bro or extra young/cool quality to them.

Thanks Accel I was a bit unsure about Xonblog but it's a catchy name and has more of a sticky memory recall quality even though it is a bit difficult to pronounce.

David-Jones I like the word thoughtblabber and it's one that can be be easily recalled,but it's less of a stand out name than xonblog as well as being a bit longer to type.
    Other options are Zonbabble this is both short and easy to type and pronounce but not sure about the recall quality.

Does a long blog name cause an issue as it takes longer to type and now with nano second attention spans,this might well be important?
    Having a domain name including the word "blog" does seem to shoehorn you into a category and so will look out for more suitable alternatives.

All words like human personalities are capable of exciting specific emotional responses.Compare the word "angelic" or "scintillating"with "mulcht" or "snot" and you will appreciate the difference!

TheXon, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  8. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is the purpose of the blog?

accel, Mar 7, 2017 IP
  9. TheXon

TheXon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The blog is actually a collection of random thoughts which has no particular theme but deals with a fairly broad cross section of topics, and would parallel my interests which are spread across business,mind control,life obstacles and self improvement amongst others.

Generally I find that those in their mid forties upwards are more likely to be able to look at past achievements,experiences and mistakes and attempt to figure out ways of moving on forward.
    Having said this,the sole interest of the blog is not necessarily to generate extremely high reader numbers which is in a way a form of obligation as one then feels compelled to progress.Being unbound by this restriction means greater liberty of self expression and freedom.

TheXon, Mar 10, 2017 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I like xonchat and thoughtchatter
    When I first checked the list I wondered why you wanted to call your site "thought bladder"

sarahk, Mar 10, 2017 IP
  11. TheXon

TheXon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks sarahk,Zonchat/Xonchat has a bit of a snappier and crispier feel and even maybe a bit more colourful as a word compared to Zonblog/Xonblog which is a more somber word.
    Thoughtbladder!!Now that's a thought!
    If the target group were in their 70s and upwards that's a much more catchy word since a proportion of elderly have bladder issues,this word would stand out by a parallel associative effect.Thanks for that,I will make a note for future reference.

TheXon, Mar 11, 2017 IP