1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Namepros no longer running vBSEO

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by ForgottenCreature, Jun 5, 2006.

As of today (June 5, 2006) Namepros is no longer vBSEO.
    Does anyone know why?

ForgottenCreature, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Did you ask them?

fryman, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  3. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely because like this forums...it's not needed. VBSEO is a useless piece of crap. yeah I said it..why would an SEO package cost about the same as the actual forums software?

VB Owned License $160
    VB Seo $150???

I just don't get it? Who thinks that's worth it at all?

RectangleMan, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like its back now.

ForgottenCreature, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  5. michaelbenson

michaelbenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, who thinks it is worth it? Probally just about every single customer of vBSEO, who has actually experienced the product, and has any validity in their accustations and opinions regarding the usability, functionality and appropriateness of vBSEO. You seem so quick to slander and slate this product, yet you don't own vBSEO, so how can you possibly comprehend what they have to offer you and your forums.

Oh, and the value of a vBulletin license shouldnt have been imposed as some sort of ceiling limit for all other vBulletin skins and modifications. There are numerous custom vBulletin skin companies currently active who are charging from $150-$400 just for one custom skin. Now what that skin is providing is a complete revamp of your forum, creating essentially a new identity. Now, vBSEO provides you with a complete revamp NOT ONLY of your URLs but also helps to ensure that you are getting a complete SEO package.

For example, the introduction of pingbacks and trackbacks into forums for the first time, as apart of the vBSEO package will help not only improve the quantity of two link exchanges between blogs and fellow vBSEO-enabled forums but also ensure that the exchange is much more relevant and interrelated with regards to their content.

Don't knock it, till you've tried it. :cool:

michaelbenson, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  6. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This forums doesn't use it and it ranks MUCH better than namepros for most keywords. I run into DP all the time when searching for results. Sorry but I don't believe VBSeo helps anyones ranking other than in their mind. You can't prove otherwise either.

RectangleMan, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  7. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I believe the software was first created to get pages indexed quicker anyway; I don't believe it has anything to do with helping the rankings.

EGS, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  8. pelican

pelican Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think probably it is taking up too much resources for a high traffic forum.

pelican, Jun 20, 2006 IP