1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Namecheap vs Name.com

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by hungvn9, Nov 26, 2013.

?

Namecheap Vs Name.com, which do you recommend?

1. Name.com

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Namecheap

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  3. Others

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. mbaldwin

mbaldwin Active Member

Best Answers:
    until this morning, I would have recommended namecheap, but as they have changed their site, and I can not even login anymore. I can not recommend them.

mbaldwin, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  2. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    name.com is better. especially domain transfer processes between registrars are much better and faster at name.com.

makeit easy, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. HostNurse

HostNurse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, both are great registrars with good and solid reputation.

HostNurse, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  4. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like them both, I started with NameCheap but then fell in love with Name

TuesZ, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  5. Rober

Rober Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap...for shure

Rober, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  6. Nicole.Thomas

Nicole.Thomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been using namecheap for quite some time and I am happy with their service.
    I would also recommend you to check out Resellerclub.
    Good Luck

Nicole.Thomas, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  7. Nick PPC.BUZZ

Nick PPC.BUZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Namecheap has better customer service. But if you need lower prices, then you need to go to neither of them (Namecheap/Name), Internet.bs for example.

Nick PPC.BUZZ, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  8. fappen

fappen Member

Best Answers:
    I mainly use NameCheap, and they are great. The only "problem" I've had with NameCheap is that their DNS (or something) got DDoSed for a day or so.

I have one of my domains over at Name (I've been to lazy to move it over to NameCheap after I bought it). Like someone said, their payment process is a bit weird, like I couldn't extent my registration from 1 year to 10 years (I guess they don't want my money). I will probably move it to NameCheap soon tho.

So just like everyone else, I recommend NameCheap.

fappen, May 4, 2015 IP
  9. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NameCheap has been having a lot of problems with their DNS being DDoSed. It has happened a number of times over the past 5 years. I like keeping my DNS separate from my hosting because if the web server goes down, the DNS is down as well (usually) and you cannot point your domain to another IP as you can if you have it away from your host. If your DNS is separate, you can point your domain to another IP any time you want with little concern for DNS propagation.

I'm probably going to stop using NameCheap's DNS but I still like and recommend them for domain registration.

billzo, May 5, 2015 IP
  10. Puntocom81

Puntocom81 Banned

Best Answers:
    I use Namecheap since 2008 without any problem (only DDoS in their dns, anyway I use my own ones). They give good support and the shopping process is fast.

Puntocom81, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  11. WebmasterPhil

WebmasterPhil Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap

great low price, no hassle, but a bit barebone.

WebmasterPhil, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  12. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe this thread is still beeing bumped...

ash1ey82, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  13. Boston Fox

Boston Fox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have used Namecheap for years and have no trouble recommending them. I did find their mobile platform a bit lacking when I had to change a security setting on the go but that could have just been me and other than that it's been plain sailing.

Boston Fox, May 2, 2016 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap seems cheaper, and to boot has a free privacy protection for the first year (cheap to renew as well).

One feature of namecheap is that you can enable 2 factor authentication on login.

Another feature, (quite possibly a good one seeing alot of people do sell domains later down the track), is that if you agree to
    sell a domain to someone on a forum, you can the agree with the buyer to list the domain at namecheap for the agreed price (do it only when both of you online at the same time), give the buyer the link to the domain, and when he pays for it, he instantly gets the domain. You get credit which cannot be withdrawn for so many days, but once its cleared you can withdraw to paypal, or use as credit for domains.

For me, this is 100% safe for both buyer and seller. No more disputes over "I paid and didnt get the domain" or "I sent domain and never got paid" and or, resolves issues of people raising chargebacks with paypal and getting refunded. Costs 10% of the price, but depending on selling price of the domain, its generally faster, and cheaper then using escrow.
    I have also had names that I have decided I didnt need, list it in the marketplace and its nice to wake up with $XX in your account with no effort from myself.

matt_62, May 2, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  15. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am completely agree with you. :)

I always use NameCheap as 'Escrow' service if someone willing to buy my domains/websites. I have received some offers via email and 'Contact-us page' asking if the domain/site is for sale. I always send them a link to NameCheap MarketPlace if I decided to sell my domain/site. Up until now I have sold 5 domains and two website using that method. It seems safe for both buyer and seller.

I have few things to add (based on my experience):
    1. Using NameCheap as Escrow is preferred because the buyer could stay unknown. I never know exactly who buy my domain/website but I know they are reputable person/company. I only know most buyers are domain agency.
    2. Most of domains/websites are sold at better prices. This is possible because most buyer really interested with the stuff.
      One of my site was sold at very high price. I have no idea why the buyer really want it. Eight month later I saw it being sold for even higher price in popular website auction. I was happy with the deal. If the site is still in my hand, it may not as popular as of today. :D
    3. Basically I am happy using NameCheap as Escrow. NameCheap has become great place for me beside DigitalPoint.
    As for the Price and Privacy protection, I know there are some registrars which offer better price and free Privacy for life.
    However, I still recommend and use NameCheap simply because they offer great support. I have numerous chat with the staffs and they never disappoint me.

About Two Factor Authentication, this is most annoying service in NameCheap. :) But I really like it because it make me feel secure. If other use it, make sure to always bring the phone with you. The code was sent through SMS. If there is trouble with network, it may not possible to login into NameCheap. :D
    I use Two Factor Authentication and recommend everyone to use it. :)

As for Name, I never use it so I have nothing to write at this moment. I do have a plan to use it in near future. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Arick unirow, May 2, 2016 IP
  16. nomadingrey

nomadingrey Member

Best Answers:
    I vote for namecheap.com. I've been using their services for a while and have always been happy with the support they provide. Lots of special offers too.

nomadingrey, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  17. ramblinman

ramblinman Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Name in the past, but found ultimately that Namecheap are the best, very easy buying process and have found their support to be excellent too. Not saying Name are no good though, both are better than many registrars out there

ramblinman, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  18. jashsayani

jashsayani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Should have used a Poll for this post. I recommend Namecheap (I use it for hosting). All my domains are with GoDaddy.

jashsayani, Jul 31, 2016 IP