1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Namecheap.com or Godaddy.com ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by frunzadevie, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ruzler

ruzler Banned

Best Answers:
    When you are using Eurodns.com for domain registration it is nice option. Their service is quality, pricing is reasonable and features are useful.

ruzler, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  2. fgro

fgro Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer namecheap greatly than godaddy. no upselling in every step is a great point and the price is competitive too.

fgro, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  3. jerome09

jerome09 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had more than 30 domain in Godaddy for the past two years and never had this problem. And also I heard for the first time this.

jerome09, Sep 28, 2013 IP
  4. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using namecheap since the very start, never had any reason to leave.

If there is a problem with something hosted on the website, they warn you before suspending the domain name,
    right what I would expect from them and any other professional company.

monkeye, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  5. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I once had nearly 500 domains under GoDaddy and eventually moved away from them. They are a terrible company to deal with. Namecheap has been great thus far. Moniker and Namecheap are both my favs.

clenard, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  6. connorml

connorml Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have over 50 domains with Namecheap. Their support is useful. My issue with GoDaddy is their useless site.

connorml, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  7. EmsMM

EmsMM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Namecheap.

Mostly because they don't try and upsell all the time.

EmsMM, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  8. initzero

initzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    a simple google search can give you valid top search results.

here's one that i found from google search.

https://www.namecheap.com/promos/coupons.aspx

initzero, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  9. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    namecheap if you have a choice but unfortunately gd is so popular that some people confuse the word registrar with gd, looks like b**bs sell

gigalicious, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  10. Syed_Mohsin

Syed_Mohsin Member

Best Answers:
    Go daddy would be the best choice because of their large service but i will recommend namecheap for newbies because of their awesome customer support :) Best of Luck

Syed_Mohsin, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  11. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good.But If you want low price buy your domain to namesilo.com

tareqjhe1, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  12. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like it greatly how people post the same things over and over, without even bothering trying to prove anything or reading other peoples' posts...

You guys just say - Godaddy is best. or Namecheap is best. WHY? Why are their best or better, worst or worse? Give some proofs, show some knowledge of the topic. Do you know what WHOIS is and how to use it?

Or you simply mention some companies nobody knows of, who are most likely resellers of resellers of NC or Godaddy. Why even bothering mentioning these if you can work with 2 best domain registrar companies in the web?

Do you understand that after spending 10 seconds on checking your Netfirms name shows it is a reseller of Network Solutions and simply cannot offer lower price than their upstream provider?

And last of all - domain price means nothing. Absolutely nothing, zero. Domain features (free or paid), support quality and MOST OF ALL - renewal&transfer out policy are the things that REALLY matter in domain industry.

Some companies register domains for $.35 but you have to pay $35 to renew it and cannot transfer out before renewing. Actually, most resellers act this way. Thus said, when you go for low price, do not be surprised to pay 10 times more in the future - or lose your domain.

H0stZealot, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  13. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying the name several cents cheaper does not mean a thing.

H0stZealot, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  14. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will never get a single like posting things like this. Correct your grammar, think what you write and prove what you say. 161 posts of worthless text... you are not doing well

15. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely he paid with PayPal for registration, had his domain on auto-renewal, stated wrong WHOIS contact details and subscribed for WHOIS privacy. This way he received note about wrong WHOIS details and was charged for all features at once automatically. This way the payment around $50 could have been taken from his PayPal account without notification.

Note to everybody: do not activate auto-renewal of your domain names. Manual renewal once a year takes you 5 minutes and saves lots of nerves.

16. initzero

initzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you on not activating auto-renewal.

Personally I got a bad experienced with godaddy with this auto-renewal thing, with auto-renewal your payment credentials is stored in godaddy. Last year I filed complain with godaddy about this matter because they charge me something that I did not bought, i was surprised that I saw it in my credit card bill. And instead reimbursing back the amount they charge me they even told me that maybe i have another godaddy account. At the end they just told me to call my bank to asked for reimbursement which my bank reimbursed it.

And thats the reason I switched to namecheap........

initzero, Mar 29, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  17. juerald

juerald Active Member

Best Answers:
    For 1and1 for one domain are lowest prices around with 0.99$ domain name first year , but between Godaddy and NameCheap i like NCH becouse have lower prices .

juerald, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  18. Rpwallace

Rpwallace Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say NameCheap, even it is a bit more expensive than GoDaddy they have better support and easier to use.

Rpwallace, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  19. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    First year price is not even the 10th on the list of domain registrar features I look for when choosing a company. Renewal rates, support quality, customer area convenience and transfer out policy are the only things that matter.

H0stZealot, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  20. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After almost losing a domain name and having GoDaddy ask me for 80 bucks to renew, I moved my 'army' to NameCheap. Easy to use, simple menu, love them

SuperiorWD, Apr 23, 2014 IP