1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Namecheap.com or Godaddy.com ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by frunzadevie, Aug 27, 2013.

1. adissocool

adissocool Peon

Best Answers:
    It was a limited offer and for the first 10000 requests if I remember well, I only tweeted a link via Namecheap and got the discount ;) too bad I could only use it once.

Edit: Here's the details:
    https://www.namecheap.com/deals/20000-retweets-0.98-domains-june-2013.aspx

adissocool, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. sofyan haris

sofyan haris Member

Best Answers:
    sofyan haris, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  3. omaryo

omaryo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i recommend you these 3 dynadot, name.com, namecheap !! :)

omaryo, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  4. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    before i thought godaddy is best but now i move my all domains in namecheap and name.com these both are best now i m saying good bye godaddy no more domain buy from godaddy

fadhi123, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  5. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't like GoDaddy's politics, go to Namecheap. Otherwise I'd use them, dynadot, network solutions, anything reputable. No small dinky registrar who can be scary.

hockeystick, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  6. syncotix

syncotix Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Namecheap, I use them for all my domains and hosting. Namecheap has excellent support... a live chat service which has always helped me with my issues right away. I have personally never heard anyone say a bad word about them..... though this is just my personal experience and what I have heard..... but as a professional I highly recommend them and I wouldn't risk damage to my reputation by recommending them if I didn't believe it.
    Godaddy I have heard mixed things about for domains/hosting. I have only used them once briefly.... I had no problems I remember... but I have heard others say their support was sometimes not good.

syncotix, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  7. xtragudboi

xtragudboi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I vote for Namecheap. I don't like Godaddy for various reasons but I personally use Internetbs

xtragudboi, Sep 14, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  8. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    I never expected to be so happy to have the live chat. Much better than all the waiting on the phone. Thumbs up for this suggestion.

hockeystick, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  9. Trent Brownrigg

Trent Brownrigg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap!

Trent Brownrigg, Sep 14, 2013 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  10. hockeystick

Best Answers:
    I like them too because they're cheaper, provide additional services like privacy at a reasonable cost (if you need it), the chat function and no-nonsense business. Godaddy - I can't stand the upsell. They are so focused on it that they screwed up things in the past for me because they just can't help themselves.

hockeystick, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  11. minotechonline

minotechonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use namecheap. Admittedly I've only had my domain around 6 weeks but I don't have any complaints so far.

minotechonline, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  12. djjmz

djjmz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i use long time godaddy and no have any problem with them. here i don't like only support. but price for services is very good. it's only my opinion.

djjmz, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  13. bayu200687

bayu200687 Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use godaddy. But now I try using namecheap.
    Godaddy has many cheap coupon code. unfortunately, I can use it because of my geo location. (suck!)

bayu200687, Sep 15, 2013 IP
    skynet88 likes this.
  14. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have all my domains on namecheap.com so i will suggest that

DaniaLLL, Sep 15, 2013 IP
  15. Hernandez01

Hernandez01 Member

Best Answers:
    godaddy the best
    trick to buy domain name in less price

Hernandez01, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  16. arnold2001

arnold2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what namecheap customer support is like, because I have never used it. I never had to, because I never had an issue. With Godaddy I have had so many problems I got to know them very quickly. I have used customer support about six times and they suck. Once I thank the guy and then called again and I got a radically different response. A lot of it is not due to the support, so much as the system which is slowwwwww when you need to do things such as changing the DNS. If you host with them you will be very disappointed. The software godaddy uses, looks like it is their own, you will not get Cpanel like you automatically get with most everyone else.

I agree about the coupon scam. You get a cheap domain name, but then you pay for it in crappy service. If you host on name cheap, you pay extra for everything, the statistics, the emails, the list goes on and on. If you ever buy the privacy settings from godaddy and want to take them off, you can forget it. You will get the oh we don't provide you have to contact such and such, and if you don't have the identifying data, such as when you inherit the job from someone else you can't get rid of it, all you can do is transfer it to namecheap to get rid of that problem.

arnold2001, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  17. arnold2001

arnold2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will add that if you host on godaddy and you run a wordpress based website, they do not do anything if someone is trying to hack the website. I had a hack attempt on godaddy website I manage, and I wondered why it was so slow all the time, usually timing out. The password was identified and the website hacked. Godaddy did nothing about it, even though everyone with the shared hosting was was affected. I had a similar incident on hostgator and was notified within minutes, the primary concern being that it was impacting all the shared hosting websites. Hostgator confirmed of the brute force attack and locked out the blog. Godaddy did not nothing.

arnold2001, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  18. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NameCheap is cheaper than Godaddy. Renewal price for godaddy is $10.99 + $9.99 privacy protection.
    You can register a new .com domain at NameCheap for $10.69 + $2.88 privacy protection.

werliyu, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  19. Macarka

Macarka Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally I prefer Eurodns.com which is offering all major TLDs for reasonable price and with nice promos. But also namecheap is good one.

Macarka, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  20. Aneeta123

Aneeta123 Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap may be good but i can not comment as i did not use this as well not have a similar brand value like Godaddy.

I used Godaddy and its superb in every respect. So I would suggest you Godaddy due to its price value, reliability and customer support.

Aneeta123, Sep 23, 2013 IP