1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Namecheap.com - bad services

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by sflorin, Jan 23, 2015.

Hello,

Today I tried to register the domain name web.rocks, which was available for registration at namecheam.com. After several failed attempts and after I was instructed by namecheap support operator to add funds to try manual registration, I received this message from operator: " I am sorry for delay, it turned out that the domain name is considered to be premium and, to my regret, it will not be possible to register it." :|

sflorin, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  2. dooma

dooma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The domain is available for registration, I never faced any issues with NC.

dooma, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  3. sflorin

sflorin Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it is available....but just try to register to see.

sflorin, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  4. hosttricks

hosttricks Peon

Best Answers:
    the domain does look like a premium domain to me they probably set the wrong price by mistake try talking to a manager about it

hosttricks, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am aware of many of the namecheap bugs, and have lost several domains over the issues.

The issue you are facing is that the person that owns .rocks, (and other TLD's), like to set certain domains as being "premium". Now, namecheap cannot handle premium, and their system should report that its 'available' just not through their system. Godaddy, and instra should be able to handle the premium domains, but the price varies. The price is NOT set by godaddy / instra, but by the TLD owner. So if the owner of .rocks wants $10k, then its likely to be $10,100 from a registrar.

Just FYI, rocks.web is available.

matt_62, Jan 25, 2015 IP