1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Name Your Top 4 Article Sites & WHY?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by seantish, Apr 12, 2008.

1. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I've used Helium - problem - no links allowed so no traffic generation
    - yes they pay you money - but it isn't much - you earn more out of a good article through your links and traffic than "selling" that article at Helium.

alstar70, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alatar,
    Guess I'll stick with the four sites I'm submitting to write now.
    EA
    Go articles
    article-gems
    Wrtite it on the wall

seantish, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I use EZineArticles & ISnare

Zibblu, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Currently, I only use Ezinearticles. Later I will move on to GoArticles, but I am not going to use any other articles websites after these two.

bl4ckmaN^, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  5. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    not a problem, always looking for feedback and to work with others :)

geoiss2004, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  6. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    i find it a bit strange that you've made an entirely concious decision to do this when supporting the smaller sites (and dont forget the extra backlinks) would take hardly any of your time at all... :S

geoiss2004, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've found GoArticles.com to be a bit of a waste of time. The good thing about it may also be the bad thing about it: They don't appear to have any editorial guidelines (anything goes) but I think because of this, the search engines largely ignore them. They seem to have definitely fallen out of favor with Google - You can see their homepage is only a PR 3 now.

Zibblu, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  8. Webray

Webray Active Member

Best Answers:

Tip:
    You need to get more traffic to your site, 'cause it's not only about the amount of articles. Your $2 to $10 a day is low. You could be doing better. Article dashboard is probably not the best script to use. (Too many copies out there)

A site's authority goes a long way when it comes to revenue. You might think about trying to get a few links to your site from some authority (article) sites. Write articles about articles and point to your article resource. Trade/buy links or ad space to increase your sites backlinks.

Those adsense blocks really stand out as ads and this might be problem, and I noticed the blue links and text didn't look right.

Ray

Webray, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  9. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    matt5409

Backlinks are good, but backlinks from PR4-5 or higher websites are much better rather than from PR1-2....

So instead of wasting your time on weak, low PR websites, concentrate on the BIG ones.

bl4ckmaN^, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  10. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    i agree, but i currently run one of those weak article directories, lol

geoiss2004, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  11. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    But lets make your directory NOT weak!

seantish, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  12. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember - ezines page rank 6 applies only to its main page - not its individual articles though.

P.S. want to see the joy running an article directory can bring?

http://kimkinsscam.wordpress.com/2008/04/14/article-gems-supports-the-kimkins-scam/

You get accused of all sorts of things - apparently I "personally" promote the kimkins diet - Like I even knew what it was?

Matt - are you really sure you want to run an article directory. If you're successful at it you attract all sorts of things!?

alstar70, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  13. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    That sucks getting accused of something. I hate when people try and slander your reputation.

Supper, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  14. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    i keep meaning to put up a simple disclaimer, stating that content is user-generated and does not represent the views of the site/site owner. i also moderate and don't allow certain material. recently i disallowed an article talking about getting hacks and warez, and edited one that said "women enjoy this computer game as it doesnt require much brain power". i'm quite stricked on things like that.

geoiss2004, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  15. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey at the end of the day - its free publicity and links to my website - so hopefully it will help build my page rank.

alstar70, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  16. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Free publicty - Always Nice
    Hey alstar70,

I thought you said your article site was small? My articles are already being downloaded. More free publicity for me...... and you!
    I like your stats tracker also. How often is it updated? hourly? real-time?

seantish, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  17. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Real time - best day is a Thursday when I get over 250 unique visitors, sometimes more. Traffic is growing - Yahoo search results are great, google not so good since the last page rank (working to increase the page rank again - but the Google spider seems so slow at catching up - maybe its not as good as everyone thinks, or just overworked). The Hit stats tells me how many come through Search engine, how many through websites and which ones (yes the signature line in Digital forums really does pay off).

Although its not a huge earning now I'm hoping if I work on it and raise page rank etc, income will increase. Like I said running an article directory is a lot of work, but it has other advantages like getting lots of information on whats hot on the internet.

I can tell which articles are unique or at least spidered and indexed first at article-gems as they always appear in the search engine results - some authors are on winners in terms of articles and the traffic they generate - Robert has several good performing articles on PSP, and another author on Maternity acupuncture - hey who knew! Just goes to show some topics are more popular than you think - I think the female audience out there is HUGE and is an under resourced market - particularly in Pregnancy, Womens Issues fields - just my opinion. Being most marketers are guys this may be a problem - or source of more revenue?!

The hits stats is free - I use it on my blogs as well.

Yes Article-gems articles are being picked up and content used elsewhere - I've submitted all the topics into RSS feeds - so they will be picked up there, and I've encouraged on forums, etc for people to come and pick up free content - also web directories, etc.

Just brought some blog posts to point to article-gems and need to get some high page rank sites linking to my home page - but of course that normally means big dollars.

I've also got to buy a couple of packages for someone to submit to web directories - people's thoughts on this (good idea? - or seen as link farms).

alstar70, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  18. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    250 uniques a day, and building!
    Nice to see a site take off like yours. 6000 members so far! Seems like your building at a steady pace.
    How long has your site been up and running? Seems Like your advertising it with all organic's?

seantish, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  19. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site was started in November 2006. I started it off with $50 google adsense to kick it off - which sped up the initial growth of the article directory. If you read the site blog you can follow the growth. I put links from about 40 blogs to the article directory - until google got deleted them all - I now have about 10 blogs that comply with googles TOS.

I wrote about 50-100 articles that have links back to article-gems.com - and submitted them to other article directories - the most important being of course ezine articles. I also have my article directory in my signature line in any forum I mess around in. I also contacted authors on other directories and personally emailed them to join - about 2 out of ten did - I didn't bother with this for too long - because once you get to a certain size it grows by itself. I now have about 40 new authors a day sign up.

I just recently started buying some links to try increase page rank - and there is increasing use of the articles by content hungry web designers so there is linking growing through that as well.

I've tried to encourage people to put up their article-gems expert author badge - but few have done so.

[​IMG]

People say page rank is not important - I disagree - especially for an article directory. People are submitting to your site for backlinks so the higher your page rank the better. Also the amount of traffic you get from google definitely varies with page rank. The higher - the more traffic.

Running an article directory is NOT a gold mine - I've been running mine for 18 months and would be only breaking even - considering the time you spent each and every day - about an hour approving articles - this is not good - but I'm looking at the long term (you can also increased your income by having a link to a good article submitted - I know I'm going to get an infraction for this but it will give you the link to the affiliate program - I recommend Article Post Robot as the best article submission software out there. It's not a bad earner as an affiliate either - so put it on your front page - It's a common sense product to have advertised on your site - because who better than article authors to advertise to - its a product they will use - you can also email the owners of some of the automatic article submission software out there and ask to be put on their list - you will be flooded with articles then - but remember you will then be approving lots of articles probably already indexed on another directory.

I got up to 400 articles a day and it was just too much - so I contact a couple of the free article submissions services and told them to take me off their list - I now get 200 articles a day - but hopefully the chance of them being unique is higher. I've also gone on a UNIQUE article campaign with my authors - encouraging them to submit only unique articles to AG - I've even ban some who send mass produce articles - I hope I'm getting quality over quantity.

I've got to give a HUGE vote of thanks to Jodi Reichenberger who customized the site for me for free - very nice lady. She is an Article Dashboard guru and now does ADinstalls professionally
    She designed the Article-gems banner. Some people find the site too blue - but it makes it unique and stand out. Jodi runs her own article directory - article garden - which shows her full AD skills. AD university is a great place to learn about how to modify your AD templates, etc.

They have been talking about bringing out a second version of article dashboard. As its a free script this is taking some time (lets face it money is a universal motivator). A second edition could really help AD directories take on the competition leader - ezine articles. Christopher Knight has really got his act together - visually good looking site, lots of extra features, especially like that it tells you if you've got a dead link in your article. It's hard to say a bad thing about ezine articles - apart from they are starting to slow in their approval time - I think a victim of being so popular. So for faster article approval times - COME TO ARTICLE-GEMS

Bit more advertising - which is what you will need to do to get your new article directory off the ground - remember you have 1000's of competitor so get moving.

My main annoyance in declining articles - "NOT PUTTING LINKS IN THE RESOURCE BOX". Also articles on HGH, steroids, etc - which I automatically ban the authors - if they can't read and comply with the Terms of service I don't need them as a member.

alstar70, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  20. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Lucky you sean. You actually got some views at article gems. I didn't get any yet. Well I guess I only submitted a few articles. I'll submit some more later.

Supper, Apr 24, 2008 IP