1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Name Your Top 4 Article Sites & WHY?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by seantish, Apr 12, 2008.

1. WilsonA

WilsonA Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just use ezine articles and goarticles, I have used expertarticles before

they rank well on Yahoo

WilsonA, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  2. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    I just joined with your 47,000 articles. I'd like to get in on the ground floor. Seems like 47,000 is a lot of articles till you look at EA top author with 13,000 articles by himself.

Do you allow cloaked url's or word url's in the articles?
    I saw that you allow up to 4 ulrs in sig box! That works to.

seantish, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  3. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt,
    I'm going for your site also. You guys are to kind. Giving away your info so freely.
    I know you scratch mine & I'll write for you. LoL.
    Does the geust comenting work just the same as blogs?

seantish, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  4. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't allow URL's in the article body itself as I'm told that lowers page rank as Google penalizes the page thinking the links are paid for - so I allow 3 links only in the resource box - the can be affiliate links or whatever - so long as the don't link to illegal sites, etc.

Authors who don't follow the TOS, or my emails requesting changes to articles are BANNED - I'm pretty strict as you get alot of crap and you've got to jump on people who are nothing more than spammers (really who thinks two sentences is an article!!!!) Or that someone will read something with 10 links in it!!!!, otherwise it can quickly get up of control. The terms of service are for the long term benefit of the authors in generating long term traffic.

I'm busy doing up a site map for Google today for the site but it may take a couple of days with 97,000 pages so far in the queque for checking indexing in Google or not. Google indexes at least once a week, but seems to have missed some pages so I'm hoping the site map will change that - although its going to burn up the computer for two days - and I'll probably have to update it about every 3 months.

47,000 articles is a lot of articles when you have approved each and every one of them yourself. The income is normally less than $2 a day - sometimes up to $10 a day - which doesn't seem like a lot of money - I'd be interested to hear how other owners are doing with their article directories and what sort of income they are getting per thousand articles? Of course the problem is there is SO much duplicate content out there that for every 100 articles you might only get 1 that Google recognizes as belonging to your directory first.

I have about 40 new authors join each day and about 3 of them are banned each day for spamming or blatant breaches of the terms of service, they keep coming back though and trying the same thing again and again.

To the other 37 who are genuine writers I try to approve their articles ASAP. There is a definite flow on the internet with weekends being quite then building up with Wednesday and Thursday being the busiest for traffic and article submissions.

I prefer UNIQUE articles, but with so many programs for mass submissions I know I'm normally only one of many getting blasted by an article writer.

alstar70, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  5. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I added a few more to my article list.

I have of course ezinearticles
    goarticles
    article gems
    expert articles

Supper, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  6. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread and very informational. I use ezine and was looking for more to submit too... I was just getting ready to start a thread asking for more alternatives for articles directories. Good thing I used the handy, dandy 'search' button first :)

MrSandMan, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  7. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted to expertarticles today and in about 10hrs it was accepted. Pretty nice turn around time. I'll keep the thread updated about the amount of traffic it sends.

Supper, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  8. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was submitting to several directories when I first started, but now I just submit to ezinearticles. They even sent me a free coffee mug and some coffee!:D

ajbarnes, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  9. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks!

yea the guest commenting is exactly the same as blogs, i set it out that way intentionally.

i expected article commenting to really take off as it's a GREAT way to get backlinks. i'm just not getting the visitors yet though :(

geoiss2004, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  10. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people are scared of new things until other people test the waters. I like the idea of commenting. Double jeperdy! I kinda like the combination. Gets people reading other articles to!

seantish, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  11. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    How many articles for the free mug did you submit?
    I saw the mug mailer on the EA blog.

12. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going for article-gems and writing on the wall! A couple of smaller sites but will see. Using The dp resources.
    Kinda hard when I'm At work to submit new articles though. The satelite service sucks when everyone else is online. One router to 10 latops! Not good for loading speeds.

13. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you will fine you'll disable the comment feature for articles as they attract too much spam. I got to 1000 spam comments deleted before I just gave up fighting robot blasters. Most other article directory owners have gone the same way. Even the big ones like ezine articles which still has moderated comments with some great spam killer software still doesn't get that many comments for an article - I've got 144 articles there and only about 4 comments - so its not a high response rate. Readers are not necessarily writers.

alstar70, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  14. The Joshh

The Joshh Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like dailysliceoftech.blogspot.com - they update it a few times a day with awesome articles, it's in my bookmarks to check daily.

The Joshh, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  15. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably one advantage of a smaller article directory is grabbing their RSS feeds - they are less likely to have already been used by many other competitors in a smaller directory. Whereas with the large ones like ezines and go-articles have had every man and their dog grab a feed or ezine

alstar70, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  16. downloadsonline.org

downloadsonline.org Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think PR of an article directory is also very important.
    Sice ezinearticles is of PR 6, many of its articles are getting good ranks in SERPs.

So, it is better to choose those directories that have good PR.

downloadsonline.org, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  17. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    I realized when my articles get published from others the original one from me pops up in search usually as the first post. SEO is great. EA is pr 6 I didn't know that.
    been working with matt5409 and alstar70 trying to get my articles approaved. Need exposure just like them and there working with me on an individual basis.
    Great job guys.

If your trying out a new article site share with this thread.
    Keep us updated on your article submissions choices and how they are working out for you.

seantish, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  18. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Although ezine dominates - I like options - no one company should dominate a market or else it gets unhealthy

alstar70, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  19. The Joshh

The Joshh Peon

Best Answers:
    dailysliceoftech.blogspot.com

It's an upcoming blog, but I really like what it has to offer!

The Joshh, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  20. seantish

seantish Peon

Best Answers:
    So I just searched for - Paid to write articles.
    Has anyone used an article site called HELIUM?
    Sharing in your articles profits? Adsense etc... etc....
    Looks like a good site but would like to know if anyone else is using them. Part of there terms is to use your article how ever ad when ever they see fit to make money.You get half of the adsense and such.

seantish, Apr 16, 2008 IP